Not a lot of action pics as I was videoing mainly but these pics will give an idea of the extent and layout for those who have not been yet.

Click on pics to enlarge.

Yeah GG it's easy to load straight from "My pictures" file in Windows where I have mega amount of pics stored - will bore you all with more to come from previous trips.

While it is easy enough it can still be time consuming if you have to reduce the pic size to under 2 mb as I had to do. The album I just loaded above took me about 2.5 hours.

Still loving the new format though - continued kudos to SJ techs :worship:

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks snowjunky, glad you are using it and finding it easy.

I highly recommend a free bit of software called Irfanview. Do a search and you can download it.

With that, you can very quickly change the size of images....say, all of them to have the longest side at 1000 pixels.

You can the change them all at the same time, literally hundreds if you want. It very quick and easy.

I always put my photos through Irfan View.

It takes literally less than one minute to bulk change 100 photos from huge files down to decent sizes.

You can change the quality % as well as the size.

Will take a look at your pics tomorrow snow junky. :friend:

• SnowJapan Admin

:friend:

When we eventually get round to adding more Help files and info, I think we should maybe mention that as it really is a huge help with photos.

Sorry, getting off topic!

Hi Metabo, yes it is open for skiing & boarding. It's not real steep but is lots of fun on a powder day as most of the locals stick to the trails.

Here's a couple of vids we shot there this year.

Hi Metabo, yes it is open for skiing & boarding. It's not real steep but is lots of fun on a powder day as most of the locals stick to the trails.

Here's a couple of vids we shot there this year.

That does look like fun.

i promise to look at the pictures after i point this out.

Irfanview... man! thats olllllllld skool internet right there! that was the programme i used to put all my pictures in so i could er, look at it handsfree! all hail the irfanview slideshow :)

had a look, some cracking pics that capture the stuff i never quite got on the old gopro (some great shots of giant showing it for the tedious ice wall it certainly is, and a lovely pic of ichinose and the other two bits whos name ive forgotten showing them to be fat lumps of cut mountain). You can really see how tedious a lot of the shiga groomers really are! :stir:

Speaking of tedious lines, how was the sun valley/haisuke area? Also, since you're a skier, did you pop over to okushiga and kumanoyu?

In order of fun: yakebi > olympic course > terakoya > nishidateyama > ... >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> everything else.

:bumtish:

Hey Ippy, yeah Giant can get icy at times but I still go there to watch the boarders strugling down on their bums :stir:

I agree Sun Valley/Hasiuke is flatish with way too short runs. I generally only head over there just once to get some pics looking over the valley to Myoko and to catch the ropeway back up the hill. great views from the ropeway also.

Kumanoyu is good for a day or so especially with freshies. Some decent short steep bits up top and some decent tree runs also

Being a boarder you are not missing anything over on the main bit of Okushiga as there is just one decent steepish groomed run down to the hotel area & some other green runs down there.

The good part of Okashiga is around near the Okashiga gondola. If you have another look at the pic I took of my mates on a chair heading up a flat valley you will see some good terraine down from the ridgeline through the tree. We were actually heading up that valley just to scope out the best lines before heading back up the Gondola. Steep & deep as they say in the classics.

I agree with your order of fun re the Shiga runs generally though there a still a few hidden gems elswhere after a good dump- like the short steep black run next to Ichinose course when they left it ungroomed overnight and I had first run in thigh deep heaven. :groovy:

while i was sitting in my little snowboard ghetto on yakebi looking over to okushiga the one thought popped in my head:

If they only let us on the rest of the bloody mountain they could turn that valley between the two into an AWESOME little tree area. I dunno if its my memory playing tricks on me, but im sure thats what i thought. I wish i could see it again just to be sure, but it looked like you could rip from okushiga and pop out down near the gondola on yakebi. Still, yakebi was fun, i should have really gone out that third day when i wasnt so busy trying to make sure i covered the whole place and got to see some more of its secrets. I did duck every rope i saw and followed every ridge line i could hit (and there were several if i remember) and ran under both gondolas. The unfortunate thing was the pow was a little heavy and wet and much as i love the quiver killer, its my regular size so its not built to slay heavy wet pow all that well. Maybe this year ill wait for a dump and head out there on my charlie slasher and really start tearing into some of it :)

I should add though, i still think everything (except yakebi, terakoya, and the olympic run with nishithingymabob), is laaaaame. :) I await correction. :p