Nice vid, you guys def scored some of the good stuff...

Was all of that filmed in Asahidake??

Looks like the Royal family's playground to me and I have been playing there for a while. Back there next Feb

Great vid method - awesome editing

I hope you don't mind some honest constructive criticism (if you do, just let me know and I'll amend these comments to "high 5" emucons and "dude, that's a totally awesome vid, bro" type inanities).

1) 90% of your video is pan-and-scan of stills (very boring). You should have put the photos in an album and cut 10 mins of cheesy pics of you and your mates down to 2 mins of film action. You have some great footage in there, just wish I hadn't had to sit though the stuff in between. (And even if you did have 10 mins of actual moving images, no-one would watch beyond 2 mins because that's the attention span for a youtube video.)

2) Wrong choice of music. I don't want to be distracted by some warbling diva/dude while I'm trying to concentrate on POW action. As a soundtrack I suggest ethnic drumming - Japanese or jungle tribes - for maintaining tempo without distracting from the images.

Anyway, looks like you had a blast riding Myoko Akakura on a powder day - the best runs I've come across so far in Japan (though there's lots of places I haven't been to yet).

I'm looking forward to the re-edit. Maybe I'll even do it myself :)

Nice, Method.

FFS, tripler - do you do anything other than moan, criticize others and attempt (but fail badly) at sarcastic humor?

Ignore him, Method.

As well as all of these noble qualities, he also gets fired from employment in Shiga for being a dick!

G-G - no

SKI - untrue. It was for ducking a rope, ostensibly...

Method - sorry, that was a bit harsh - please accept my apologies. Happoshu... but really it was because you've got such great actual video in there it got me worked up seeing it diluted.

ps. i'll be posting my masterpiece soon, so you're welcome to put the boot in ;)

Not untrue. Your dickishness after the fact is what got you sacked and got you your, er, reputation.

And not everyone gets kicks by relentlessly 'putting the boot in' like you.

Yes, it's not hard to see that some of this was filmed at Asahidake if you have been there. There are 7 other locations (3 on Honshu and 4 on Hokkaido) where this was taken, so get out there and find them this winter!

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi there Mr Singh - thanks for the vid. You need to put snowjapan in square brackets before the clip and the same but with an additional forward slash before the word after the clip.

:friend:

• Like 1

Hi there Mr Singh - thanks for the vid. You need to put snowjapan in square brackets before the clip and the same but with an additional forward slash before the word after the clip.

:friend:

Thank you David. What would I do without you????

Thanks gnarly-dude!

Thanks for the kind comments folks.

The footage came from various devices.

4:3 aspect ratio footage was taken from a friend's old school JVC DVD quality (720x480 progressive) DVCAM.

16:9 aspect ratio footage came from a 3 year old Canon IVIS AVCHD camera, most of the footage was recorded at 9Mbps 1080p 30fps, I should have recorded at 25Mbps!! The 1st person footage (they look kind of blurry due to the fixed focus nature of the lens) is 1080p 30fps footage from a Contour VHoldR 1080p head mounted cam.

Software - Sony Vegas Pro 9. The non-pro $99 Vegas Movie Platinum works just as well, but I already splurged on the pro version for some other video work. It is one of the best Non Linear Editors I've used, especially for editing high definition footage. Native file format support is fantastic! Just drag and drop the files into the media bin and start editing away!

What I've learned is that shooting video footage is a lot of hard work, and definitely gets in the way of riding. Less than 10% of the footage is usable, and probably less than 1% of the footage can be considered decent. :( Oh well, lots to learn!

• 3 weeks later...

Mr.Singh, you obviously know your way around Hakkoda pretty well,

Is it the kind of place you need local knowledge to find the good stuff or can you poke around and find it yourself.

Just wondering as I may be heading up there at some point.

Cheers :thumbsup: