• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually true this time.

I think people thought it was about to happen.

I agree, attitude was not something I admired but he sure was one of a kind and quite brilliant in what he did.

Funny how people who don't like being told what to do and follow 'rules' often forget that stance when they have their own walled garden to protect.

Been coming a while this though hasn't it. Gone to early. RIP.

"“No one wants to die. Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there. And yet death is the destination we all share. No one has ever escaped it. And that is as it should be, because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life. It is Life’s change agent. It clears out the old to make way for the new. Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now, you will gradually become the old and be cleared away. Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true."

I really enjoyed that film that was made a while back about the beginnings of Microsoft and Apple. What was it called Pirates of Silicon Valley?

Very interesting story and truly one of a kind.

Looking forward to reading the biography.

Only 56. That's sad. :sadface:

The company came across as clinging to him quite a bit, so I hope he wasn't pressured into working more than he should have done once his health had started to go.

Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by catma — which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1R-jKKp3NA&feature=player_embedded

The company came across as clinging to him? Or the media portrayed things that way or painted the picture?

Dunno, maybe it was just the press. But the net result was that the stock price would go up and down with announcements about his health. That's not a very nice situation.

I think it was probably the other way round.

People said he pushed as hard as he could in the last few years to get as many of his ideas sorted before the inevitable.

He worked hard because he loved it.

Steve Jobs certainly changed the way I live my life.

Iphone, my first smartphone, ipod, internet browser and phone all in one device.

iPad. Instead of going into the study to boot up the PC in the morning, just turn on the pad in bed. Read emails and news before getting up.

In the car. forget CDs. Just plug in the iphone.

56 years was too short. RIP Steve Jobs, you changed the world.