Ok, so it's artificial...

Sayama indoor ski area getting ready for their planned opening on 10/22 (from their web page):

DSC08475.jpg

To save electricity, they say they started making snow later than usual this year, and have mostly been making snow at night.

oooooooooooooh! thats very interesting. I didnt even know there was one in saitama. Reasons to get a car have just doubled.

Just out of idle curiosity though, but does it only open during the winter season? I was just scoping the site and it seems to open in october and close some time around March? Bit weird. Youd have thought the ONLY benefit of an indoor resort is that you can ride any time of the year. :) Still, it makes me happy that ive got an indoor skijo nearby for some sneaky laps :)

oooooooooooooh! thats very interesting. I didnt even know there was one in saitama. Reasons to get a car have just doubled.

Just out of idle curiosity though, but does it only open during the winter season? I was just scoping the site and it seems to open in october and close some time around March? Bit weird. Youd have thought the ONLY benefit of an indoor resort is that you can ride any time of the year. :) Still, it makes me happy that ive got an indoor skijo nearby for some sneaky laps :)

don't be silly.........Outside of those months is not the correct season (even October is pushing it, but it is Autumn so its ok), so no one in their right mind would want to ski or board