Not really a Trip Report, just a few pics taken on my phone. The indoor ones are of the Wanaka Transport Museum - one of the most interesting and complete collection I have seen. Spent 3 hours there easily. Doubly amazing in that it is such a small community.

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi snowjunky, thanks for making so much use of the new stuff.

You reminded me that we had not yet set up an Overseas section for photos - I have now done that, and moved your gallery over to be part of that. Hope you don't mind.

:friend:

• 1 month later...

Awesome ! That is my hometown and hill ! - Never get sick of that view- Thanks a lot for posting snow junky - Did you get the free lift ticket with the rental deal - it is seriously to good to be true isn`t it - the cars may be old but never heard of anyone running into probe with them - thanks and regards

BB

Thanks BB and yes I did get the free ticket deal in fact the 3 of us each hired a car - it' a no brainer but don't tell too many people. My little old Nissan sunny started first time every day in sub zero temps and up the exciting road to TC.

I don't know whether you noticed but I posted a TC video on the forums here http://snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/20591-snowjunky-in-new-zealand-august-2011/

You will recognise the terrain

• Like 1

Awesome, yep that seems to be the way to do it - exiting is a good word to describe the road. I had a friend who was a rally driver and did`nt ski but he would take us up just to show off and get some practice in - wan aka is a great place just needs more people year round- a few more hotels etc , more flights- it is not a true resort in that respect yet I feel, of course a magic place nonetheless. Thanks for posting the great vid too !

with rgds

BB

Ta BB, You must have been crapping yourself going up TC with a rally driver - it's dangerous enough at normal speed.

I can understand as a Wanaka resident you wouldn't mind some more facilities but I like going there because it's not like Queenstown. There is a real hardcore buzz about the place with so many Heli ops, true big mountain guides and world renowned competitors, photographers & ski journalists living there.

• 1 month later...

Ho keywe, yes saddle bowl is great, so many off pist lines and chutes.

I bought he skis in NZ on the way down to Wanaka. Took a couple of days to dial in as it was steep hard pack mostly. By the end of week one I was loving them - surprised hoe well they did on the hardpack actually.

Really looking forward to 3 weeks in Japan starting in 10 days time so I can use them for what I really bought them for.