I need help! (with the new Forums)

• SnowJapan Admin

I just wanted to start a thread where anyone can post questions about the new Forums - you might be looking for something, not know how something works, etc.

We were hoping to get some more Help files/videos done this week, but other things that had to be done.... had to be done. But we will get round to it, promise.

For those that haven't seen them;

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/~snowjapa/index.php?app=core&module=help

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/20543-video-clips-explaining-various-functionality-of-these-forums/

A few people have emailed us with questions and we were able to answer them fairly easily, but thought it might be a good idea to share questions/answers. Unless of course you want to keep it private, that's fine too.

So feel free to post in here and we - or perhaps anyone else who knows - will try to help you out.

Thanks

• SnowJapan Admin

Should have mentioned - this isn't asking for requests for new functionality!! ;)

Pete - when you are viewing a Forums list (ie. the page that shows topics in Snow Talk in a list for example), on the right hand side of the screen, and just to the left of the bit where it says the number of replies/views, you should see a little icon appear for each topic that calls itself "Preview this topic".... click that and it will show you the first and last post in that topic.

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi Pillar of the community, glad you like them.

Yes, the Chat Box will automatically become available for you (meaning "everyone") to use after you have posted 10 or more times on the Forums. It was initially set to 20, and we obviously overlooked that as we meant for it to be set at 10 posts. So actually you should now be able to use it.

It's one of the "anti-spam" measures we have going on in the new system. Hope that explains it.

Thanks.

While I love your new logo etc, is there a way to get that welcome message on the right hand side gone? I don't need that on there all the time? Would be good if I could turn it off or something.

• SnowJapan Moderator

When you are logged in, you can do that yodel.

Just put your mouse in the top right corner of that box and you should see an "x" appear. Click on that to collapse that box.

You can do it with all of the boxes on the right hand side, even the whole column if you want.

:friend: