FOUR DAYS IN NISEKO COMING UP.

the excitement is killing me. I just want my last two days of work to be over with!!

last year I didn't even ride four times. only twice. and one of them was "hatsu-suberi" christmas time stuff (non-hokkaido) so it wasn't good at all. And I'll be riding alone at least half of these 4 days, so it's gonna be continuous and endless runs. With whiskey or beer. When bored I will offer a sip of whiskey to the person next to me on the lift.

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have cruised through previous threads and started to gather details on who's going where for the 11/12 season. I figure it would be easier for folks to hook up with other SJ'ers (if they want to

Around Gunma and Niigata.

Tentative plan:   Hakuba Niseko   Late January.

Hi Memphis Hawk and welcome.

I've never been to those places and would like to.

My camera is urging me to go to Hakkoda.

Very keen to hear and see about them anyway. Good to have a group of people on here, up there so to speak.

:wave:

Come on up! Hakkoda is getting dumped on daily. I posted a video from Naqua on here the other day.. Just a quick snippet to show how much snow there was and how good I am at a complete wipeout!

I wanna get to Shiga Kogen this year too if I can, but unlikely I imagine.

Just decided on two more days... next Monday and Tuesday (Dec 26-27) at Myoko Kogen. Will spend the days at Akakan and Akakura Onsen. I've been able to book a crazy cheap accommodation that includes one day lift pass for 5300¥ per person. First time I've used this system so I'll let everyone know how it turns out!

I'm up for a beer one night Steve. On my way now, over nighting in Syd tonight and arr midnight tomorrow.

Qantas girl at the airport "how much does that board bag weigh?" me "oh less then 20kg for sure"." No drama take it down to over size and have a great flight." A LOT easier than I thought :)

Hi All

I just booked my ticket to Tokyo and will be in Hakuba from 11th to 17th Feb 2012. So so excited as I've never boarded Japan before. With that in mind, does anyone have any suggestions where i should base myself, in terms of which resort and perhaps a decent hotel/hostel to stay that won't break the bank? Which parts of Hakuba are NOT to be missed? Any advice would be much appreciated. Would be cool to catch up for a slide or beer with people. :friend:

Cheers Big Ears

Aily

Rusutsu from the Feb 2nd - 11th the Sapporo the 11th for the Ice festival and beer museum.

By myself so if anyone is keen for some turns/ beers.

Seemore

Seemore I will be over (drive from Niseko) for at least a day... proabaly two sometime around then... will be in touch.