• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have cruised through previous threads and started to gather details on who's going where for the 11/12 season. I figure it would be easier for folks to hook up with other SJ'ers (if they want to

Around Gunma and Niigata.

Tentative plan:   Hakuba Niseko   Late January.

got a few days off around the 10th of feb, thinking about making a trip to Hokkaido, and was looking at Furano but it seems that there is no bus service from new chitose to furano after about 6pm.....is there any other way? I would have to leave straight from work on the 9th, which is no probs but that means from Haneda which rules out flying into Asahikawa....I would arrive about 8.30pm (at New Chitose) but there doesn't seem to be any way to get to Furano at that time....I can still make the last Niseko bus, but I do like trying new places.....any ideas??

Yeah, I remember having to spend the night in Sapporo for the same reason. :doh:    If time is short and you've not tried them before, how about going to the Sapporo resorts (Teine and Kokusai)?  I've never tried them myself but am planning to this winter either on my way to or return from Furano.

tubby, i was going to suggest the Chuo bus from sapporo to furano but the last one is about 6pm.

I cannot think of any way to get there that late at night.

I thought of the train but you have to go to asahikawa then furano. last one from asahikawa is 10:30pm.

It is looking grim, bro.

Tubby, I just looked and the Hotel Coms Shinchitose appears to be in a soak-the-foreign-tourist mode, since the English-language site offers only the walk-in rate. The Japanese site lets you book the ``online rate'' of 8,900 yen for a single. I'll PM you the URL.

EDIT: or maybe not. When I looked for Feb 9 on English site it offered only the walk-in rate, but I looked again without specifying date and it did have the online discounts. Is 2/9 in the middle of Snow Festival, perhaps?

Edited by DiGriz

What Mick said. Teine/Kokusai might a good idea.

decided to go for this......found out that the Snow Festival is on at the same time, always wanted to get up for that. Booked tonight, hotels pretty damn cheap all over Sapporo....I was surprised as I thought I'd pay thru the nose during the festa. Also I've a mate up there, so I can ride Teine on the 10th and then when he's off on the saturday hopefully we can hit somewhere else. So I'll be in Sapporo from the 10th to the 12th of Feb

Nothing planned as I usually just go day trips and will make any accommodation longer plans just before I go.

But.....

- a number of weekends in Yuzawa area

- a number of weekends in Minakami area

- want to check out Nozawa and Hakuba too

- other places (!)

although I would really like to try out Teine (and probably will), I've been reading that its just as easy to get a bus to Kiroro or Rusutsu or any number of places from Sapporo.......damn I wished I lived there

TB: If you pass through Tokyo Station, stop by the JR Hokkaido travel plaza in the basement, just outside the JR exit that leads toward the Marunouchi subway line. They have a pamphlet with all the day trips out of Sapporo.

Still a few things in undecided file, but pretty firm on DiGriz & DiGriz Fujin in Niseko Jan 9-12, 16-19 and Rusutsu Jan 30 - Feb 2, Shiga Kogen Feb 13-15.

We'll also be in Furano Dec 19-22 if things good by this time next week.

I'm looking to ski somewhere Dec 26-28, and I may do a day trip or overnight to Kagura/Naeba on Jan 3-4.

Still a few things in undecided file, but pretty firm on DiGriz & DiGriz Fujin in Niseko Jan 9-12, 16-19 and Rusutsu Jan 30 - Feb 2, Shiga Kogen Feb 13-15.

We'll also be in Furano Dec 19-22 if things good by this time next week.

I'm looking to ski somewhere Dec 26-28, and I may do a day trip or overnight to Kagura/Naeba on Jan 3-4.

What's that beach boys song, "I getta round,round I get around woo wooh.......