• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have cruised through previous threads and started to gather details on who's going where for the 11/12 season. I figure it would be easier for folks to hook up with other SJ'ers (if they want to

Around Gunma and Niigata.

Tentative plan:   Hakuba Niseko   Late January.

the opportunity to spend a few days up at Furano over New Year has arisen, if I can get cheap enough flights then I should be up there for 4-5 days

Good for you Tubs, don't worry about cheap flights get on that bike of yours.

You will be superfit wnen you get there ;)

Plan on taking a ferry with the fam in my CRV to Hokkaido from the Tokyo area (1 hour north). Spend some time with her fam and go to Niseko. Gonna be there during the Snow Festival

a mate from hom,e lives up in Sapporo and has booked a lodge with another 2 couples and he asked if me and the mrs wanna come up....sure do! BUT it depends on flights, money is super short this year......damn getting married!!

Start as you mean to go on, eh TB! ;)

Btw, I saw your comment about Furano in that "Parks & Nightlife" post. Apologies if I'm teaching granny to suck eggs but unless it's all change for this season, Furano doesn't really have much of either. There is a small park on the Kitanomine side but sometimes that doesn't get built until later on in the season. & there are a few drinking holes (Ajitos in Kitanomine and the Bridge in town are the best) but these are far-outnumbered by restaurants, which I guess won't be a problem if you're all coupled up, plus if it dumps down, you won't want to waste a morning with a hangover! :D

no mate, no worries, I've never been to Furano. Just posted about what I'd heard and the fact that its a year round town/city so should have more going on than your usual seasonal snow resort. Most japanese nightlife is in restaurant/izakaya anyway so that fine by me. Yeah i know, don't wanna waste a pow day with a hangover, if I'm up there it'll be Hogmany so I'll make an exception and have a few sherries and a slide whenever i wake on New Years day :D

List Updated today - You can see it on the first post of this thread.

As the beloved white season gets closer don't forget to let me know your updated plans.

I don't know yet actually. I might be going back to the us early in the year so a lot will depend on that.

But I do hope to have at least a week out as well as some long weekends. Probably in the Nagano area.

I don't know yet actually. I might be going back to the us early in the year so a lot will depend on that.

But I do hope to have at least a week out as well as some long weekends. Probably in the Nagano area.

Going back to live?

Got 5 days in Gifu planned near Dynaland/Takasu round there.

hi T2 - I had not heard of Takasu before so looked it up. It looks like fun with good elevation and a few steeps.

I particularly liked their web description of the facilities - The food names cracked me up :rollabout: and to top it off they have a DJ in the base cafe. Here's the link

http://www.g-jmt.com.../facilities.php

List Updated today - You can see it on the first post of this thread.

As the beloved white season gets closer don't forget to let me know your updated plans :typing: