SnowJapan Community

Loving the new site and just experimenting with pics and video embeds - hope it works :tired:

A rare glimpse of yours truly - out from behind the camera for a change

Edited by snowjunky

oops, pics worked but not vids - helpful hints appreciated :oops:

OK snowjunky.

We obviously need to make this much clearer here and change the text on the snowjapan.tv site as well, but here is what needs to be done.

If you put snowjapan in the square brackets before the numerical code of the video and /snowjapan in the square brackets after, it should embed it......like this:

videocode.gif

We have been a bit rushed off our feet this week of course but hopefully next week we will work towards making that clearer.

Thanks for uploading!

Appreciate the quick response David, you are a legend. Now close down, go home & get some rest

Oh my god. I forgot how crowded it was......................naughhhhhhhhhhhhhht.

If you are viewing on a device that does not show Flash (ie. ipad), you won't see them.

Complain to Apple! ;)

Still no video here for me.

How do you mean MIJ - does your post not show up?

They are there. But they are Flash files. Some devices don't have flash, snowjunky. Nothing we can do about that unfortunately.

They are there. But they are Flash files. Some devices don't have flash, snowjunky. Nothing we can do about that unfortunately.

Is that why then? Sorry ignore me then (again).

nice vids snowjunky!! Where are they from, Myoko? Got me all excited this morning and the snow is still months away!!

**haha, ignore me....I just read the Thread Title again!! :lol:

That's OK Tubs, after all you are a day behind us here in the antipodes. :laugh:

It was at Tanne No Mori which I can vaguely recall from previous posts that you had been there?

yeah! I loved that area. Not so steep, but loads of wide open tree areas, plenty fresh line action on the go

I presume so, Rob - are you viewing using your ipad now?

:friend:

Yep, on safari.

Pc is fine thought.

Another video from Feb 11. Looks best if you maximise.

I have heaps more all in 'mov' format but the files are huge & I am having trouble editing them using Quicktime pro. Anybody had experience using that program?

Clip is titled "Sugar Frosties" I shot it at the top of Yakoteyama heading over for a ski at Shibotoge

if you're on windows, virtual dub is a good for editing (and free). Can't remember if it does quicktime, but you can easily convert them anyway.

Thanks Tripler, thanks BSH.

Here's another from featuring an excellent tumble from 'The Turtle'

Ha, ha, I shot around 14 meg on the Honshu Feb trip and around the same in NZ in August.

Easy to do with the Contour helmet cam, in fact half the time I forget I left it on so some crap to edit out.

Though it shoots up to 1080HD I only filmed in 760 yet the files are still huge so I am only submitting the smaller ones.

Another. At Terakoya this time\ - the short two seater on the west side. The lift had just opened an hour before we got there after being closed for a week & we were stoked to look and see the powder from yesterday with just a few tracks.

It was not as good as it looked as it was really crusty as you will hear me say ad-nauseum in the video. I must remember to shut my mouth when filming :doh:

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.