• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

don't worry, I've a spare tin can-and-line set up he can borrow

Pick my nose. Take a wee. Bash my cock. etc.   Who WANTS that?

Yeah they are good, after getting my android, I couldn't live without it now, so handy, you can download any apps you want, just as easy as on a comp, and many are free.

The better ones cost a little, but only talking a few hundred yen anyway.

You can view pretty much any web page same as on a comp.

You can also talk using skype, which is free to speak as long as you want, if you have the sukaihoudai package. No need for costly phone calls between friends and family.

Thought we could have a thread for this on hearing the news that iphone5 should be available on au/kddi as well as Softbank.

So still no Docomo I see.

Yes release date is set for Oct 4/5th apparently!

What version of Android do you have on it?

Still seems very 'bitty' to me, not sleek and polished yet. Like a work in progress that shouldn't actually be out there quite yet.

Like the apple o/s then, bits and pieces missing from it. I agree that the android is a work in progress, hence the updates, but am using android 2.2 and am very happy with it.

Iphones are cheap...all my friends that own one have cracked it at least once. Dropped mine today and still works great. Samsung Galaxy S ftw....wish I had the S2

had mine for more than a year. Love it! I probably drop mine once a week, so at the time I bought it I also bought a twin shell case that has silicon layer and then a hard shell layer. Underneath all that protection the phone looks brand new still. Usability is excellent, but one son had a fail with his, did an insurance claim and upgraded to the S2 ....I am coveting now!

Iphone on au would be good, especially, if Apple are going to make a cheaper version of it and au allow that one on too. I'd get a simfree one from HK etc. and then not get the au data plan. Data through wifi is fine for me.

Yeah, whats the deal with these phones. They are two different versions of the iphone 5, aren't they? I've wanted to get an iphone for a while but I refuse to ever sign another contract with Softbank. I'm very interested in the AU version.

Apparently the iPhone 5 will only come in one version according to the tech blogs. Hopefully either a 4g or an LTE version.

One thing that surprises me is that au will now offer all three o/s on their network, Android, Apple and also Windows 7.

It would be much more popular if it was on Docomo, that's for sure.

I read somewhere that it is Docomo holding back rather than Apple blocking it. Apple want 30% of "everything", perhaps? ;)

me! hate softbank, bit strong I know, after some shocking customer service and aggressive behaviour a few years back. Left them and joined AU and have been much more impressed. DoCoMo would have been good, but their tariffs seemed to be a little expensive in comparison at the time.