I can see on a map but can someone shed light on the journey from the central Yuzawa town area up to Naeba? About 30 minutes by car?

We are planning a couple of weeks in the Yuzawa area and working out where best to stay.

Thank you

Hi nuggles and welcome (though I see Chat Box has already welcomed you!) :wave:

Depends on the weather of course... the quickest in excellent clear road conditions being about 25 minutes. I think the bus officially takes 40-45 minutes.

also you don't really have to "go up" to Naeba to enjoy there and kagura. Access from yuzawa is easy, plenty of buses make the journey, you have your car. If you are settled in Yuzawa town then there isn't really any need to uproot in my opinion

Staying in Yuzawa would give you easy access to the other Yuzawa resorts as well, whereas being up at naeba would restrict you a little bit (although you DO have a car) to Naeba and kagura

Most definitely agree with this. Most of the hotels in the are will ferry you to the station, where there are plenty of bus stops to and from the resorts at fairly regular intervals in the mornings. However if you are up at Naeba/Kagura, there are very few buses down into town. Moreover, if you stay at the hotels, they may have discount tickets for more resorts in the area for you to use.

• 2 weeks later...