New Niigata shinkansen station - 'Joetsu Myoko Station' (updated)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Out of curiosity, how did it end up being selected? Poll had no bearing?     Am I the only one who wants to read that as "Myoko Koden"?

I regularly travelled 4 hrs just to get to yuzawa so 1 extra hour to go to Myoko area would be fine. The swing wouldn't be the shink, but the time from station to resort....which is why I rarely went

I don't think Tokyo is full of people who have lots of money to go to on extra trips just because an hour or two less travelling will be involved.

It'll have been an expensive line to build with miles and miles of tunnels and high bridges and not that many passengers, so giving a significant proportion of users at least half off makes you wonder who will be paying for it. I suppose the same goes for lots of things in Japan.

The latest plan is to make kindy free for kid number three, so keep spending Mr. Abe! :)

I don't think Tokyo is full of people who have lots of money to go to on extra trips just because an hour or two less travelling will be involved.

• Like 1

Not sure I follow what u mean BSiH. They factor in the bus times to hook up with the shink if that's what u mean. You can't get there for first lift either.....I think the first bus gets u to resort at about 10.30

yeah, for door to door and decent conditions....its a no brainer, but actually I only went there a few times. I much preferred getting the extra 20 min shuttle bus up to Mitsumata and riding Kagura, so much more options. Gala is good if the south section is open, the the rest of it is pretty boring IMO.

Remember there's the Ishiuchi part too which is easily accessible and adds quite a lot.

Wouldn't bother really with Yuzawa Kogen on a one day gig, unless you wanted the views of Yuzawa.

Certainly mega-accessible though can't take that away from it.

Missed this one.

Better name than some of the others I suppose.

It will be interesting to see how well used this is and how it affects Myoko and even places like Nozawa.

• 2 weeks later...