Cool stuff on the new Forums you have just noticed

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK so I read the main intro and welcome and as they said there is absolutely tons of small but very cool things going on. http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php?/topic/20556-welcome-to-the-new-snow

If you click on the Like This button on a post, you are giving a bit of rep to the member who posted it. Each one counts as a point, and on their user profile - right hand side - you will see a numbe

Don't like the co ours of the menu bar?   Change them to the co our of your choice!

As a detailed scientific xperiment, I had the New page open and was checking out some gaming website in another tab.

Then I noticed that a (1) appeared on the New page tab.

Tubby had posted a new post about Rome Snowboards.

So it updated the number on the tab without me actually being there and I knew there was new content.

That is cool.

Guys, in the old SJ forums there was the feature that showed new post in a particular topic, Iremeber it being the number of post in brackets and of to the right hand side. Then whem you clicked on them it took you to the first ofthe new posts in that topic.

I know that in the new Forums there is the 'View new Content' feature but that only directs me to the topics heading not the new posts, is that correct? do i need to make some setting changes so as i can go directly to the first of the new posts.

• SnowJapan Admin

View New Content directs you to an area that shows you the topics - just like before. Obviously not split up in exactly the same way as before though.

If you have Content I have not read check marked on the left hand side it should list the topics that you have not read.

It does direct you to the new posts if you click on the icon to the left of the thread, or the time stamp.

The new forums are magnificent. The only, only thing that I can see that I would bring back if possible is that "number of new posts" next to a thread/topic. Not essential and will certainly get used to not being there but it is the only thing I can think of that I initially 'miss'.

It does direct you to the new posts if you click on the icon to the left of the thread, or the time stamp.

The new forums are magnificent. The only, only thing that I can see that I would bring back if possible is that "number of new posts" next to a thread/topic. Not essential and will certainly get used to not being there but it is the only thing I can think of that I initially 'miss'.

Yes, thats what I was trying to say. Other than that, excellent job, love th site