Welcome to the new SnowJapanForums [+ ongoing updates]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the new Forums! Sorry it took as long as it did to get everything sorted.   Our regular members will already have noticed a big difference in the way everything looks. It's not just a big

Give Bob an extra-big bone. Hilary, Ben and silly-sausage, too.

OK we have just changed the time stamp settings on posts.   Now, posts made within the last hour will say "posted x minutes ago" and other posts made today and yesterday will say when they were post

• SnowJapan Admin

Sorry folks have to do a bit of work on the tags system, so that is why the Forums were turned off for a few hours this afternoon.

Still not 100% right yet but hopefully we will fix that up properly soon.

Thanks.

• SnowJapan Admin

We seem to have solved the problems we were seeing with the Tags system. Now, 50 will appear on the right side (most popular) of the index page, while ALL tags will appear on the Tags page.

You can get to that Tags page by clicking on the link on the right side of the index page, or from the top menu on every page of the Forums (SNOWJAPANFORUMS >> TAGS).

• SnowJapan Admin

Sorry for the delay in responding.... some things are consuming vast quantities of time at the moment.

If a page has more than one page, you will see a list of page numbers under the topic title. Click on 1 to go to the first page and click on the last number to go to the last page. Click on the little icon to the left of the topic title, or the time stamp on the right side to go to the last unread post. And to the left of the bit that shows the number of replies and topic views you will see a little icon appear if you put you mouse over a topic. Click on that to see the first and last post in the thread.

Hope that helps.

:friend:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey SJ-David. In the chat just after you put these new forums online I'm sure you mentioned "stages" or something.... am I imagining that? And when is stage 2. It's been at least a month since this was all "new".

;)

• SnowJapan Admin

Ah you remembered!

Yes the new Forums setup was Stage 1 of our big plan.

You'll be getting to see Stage 2 in about 2 weeks time.

We have actually already started on Stage 3 as well, but it will be autumn next year before that surfaces. So there will be no letup this time round at all.

Let's long term plannings!

Ah you remembered!

We have actually already started on Stage 3 as well, but it will be autumn next year before that surfaces. So there will be no letup this time round at all.

Rumour has it that Stage 3 is a case of AkiAji 2012 for all members! Thats why it will be autumn when it happens

;)

Ah you remembered!

Rumour has it that Stage 3 is a case of AkiAji 2012 for all members! Thats why it will be autumn when it happens

;)

Should be for members over 7,411 posts. ;)

• SnowJapan Admin

We have just added a bit of code that shows the number of new/unread posts/replies in each Forums area on the main Index page of the Forums.

For example, if there are 2 new posts, you will notice something like this:

8738 topics

168,844 (2) replies

We looked into the possibility of adding the number for each topic in the new system, but it would just have taken up too much resources and slowed things down too much.

So we'll have to do with this.

Keen to hear comments on it ---- keep it or not?

Thanks

(Of course this only applies to logged in members - guests will see no numbers)

I'd like to see number of new posts for each topic - I was going to email you requesting it. Isn't that how it was on the old forums? As for just new posts per forum, it's not of any interest to me but I've got nothing against having it.

• SnowJapan Admin

I talked about that in my original post this afternoon:

We looked into the possibility of adding the number for each topic in the new system, but it would just have taken up too much resources and slowed things down too much.

So we'll have to do with this.

• SnowJapan Admin

Yes but there is no connection between the old forums and the new setup. They are totally different code, totally different in the way that they are set up and the way they run and operate.

You're just going to have to try and live without that particular thing I'm afraid.

• Like 1
  • SnowJapan Admin

It seems that our 'Contact Us' form was not working properly over the last week or so... we have now fixed the problem and it is working as it should now but if you filled out the form since last weekend then we very probably did not receive your message --- so please resend if it is something that you want us to see.

Sorry about that.

We have also added a new 'Contact Us' link to the bottom of each page of the Forums