Welcome to the new SnowJapanForums [+ ongoing updates]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the new Forums! Sorry it took as long as it did to get everything sorted.   Our regular members will already have noticed a big difference in the way everything looks. It's not just a big

Give Bob an extra-big bone. Hilary, Ben and silly-sausage, too.

OK we have just changed the time stamp settings on posts.   Now, posts made within the last hour will say "posted x minutes ago" and other posts made today and yesterday will say when they were post

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for the comments, good to hear them whatever they are.

We have adjusted it so that everyone by default is set to "Japan time". Yesterday it was London for some reason, but now by default all members brought over from the old Forums are Japan time. If you are not in Japan please change the settings in My Settings.

You may not have noticed, but when you make a post, under your name it actually says your 'local time'. We thought this might be helpful, but it needs people to have their settings correct of course to be useful.

:friend:

love it! i also love that i can switch the color to a nice deep purple. It reminds em of my sierrascope :p

Great job guys, its looking spectacular.

One thing maybe missing is "latest reply". Or it might be there, i just maybe havent found it yet.

Oooh, one thing id obviously love to see is a classifieds. Buyer beware and all that, but it does feel like its missing :) I knwo last time i mentioned it you said it was more trouble than it was worth. You could just put up a notice saying you wash your hands of the section and its pretty much between individual users to sort out their own sales. :)

Edited by ippy
  • SnowJapan Admin

You can either go to the lastest unread post, or the latest post ippy. From the list of topics. Check out the little icons to the left and right areas and play around with it. Little popup messages should tell you what each bit does.

Thanks!

:friend:

Looks good. I'll have a play around soon.

At first glance, has "date joined" info gone? It use to be under people's avatar with post count.

You're probably still tweaking this, but there seems to be a lot of lines under some people's avatar which unnecessarily stretches the height of short posts. If that makes sense...

• SnowJapan Admin

I think I know what you mean.

That is where people have not filled in the info on their My Settings. Things like location etc. Take a look at mine to the left here....

The date joined is on your profile page.

I thought it was time to signup and take part once I saw this new setup.

Looks amazing.

Obviously an enormous amount of time and effort goes into all this - no ads too! Don't know how you do it.

Kudos in large amounts.

Well done.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thank you.

We have added a new page that will display all tags:

http://www.snowjapan...ection=tagCloud

There's a link on the right side of the main index as well as in the SNOWJAPANFORUMS menu on the top bar.

Obviously (hopefully) this will become more and more useful as more tags are entered into the system. It will make things easier to find and be a very useful search took.

This is one of those "wait and see how they go" features.... we don't want people to overuse them, but encourage their use when relevant. You can name a tag anything you want.

Thanks

• SnowJapan Admin

Regarding uploading photos, can I upload directly from pics I have saved on my computer instead of having to post first to an online host (e.g. photobucket) to get a URL?

I recently uploaded a couple of vids direct from my computor to SJ TV and was hoping to be able to do the same for pics

Cheers,

the other Sj

You most certainly can.

Go over to Photos (big blue button top right) and upload away.

Oh, before doing that you might want to "turn on" the cool multi-uploaded. See this to learn how to do that:

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/forums-help/multi-uploads/video.html

Hope to see lots of your pics!

Thanks

• SnowJapan Admin

OK we have just changed the time stamp settings on posts.

Now, posts made within the last hour will say "posted x minutes ago" and other posts made today and yesterday will say when they were posted as well....

• Like 1

OK we have just changed the time stamp settings on posts.

Now, posts made within the last hour will say posted x minutes ago and other posts made today and yesterday will say when they were posted as well....

Big improvement!