The guys on this page make the "Helmets-Yes or No?" threads irrelevant...

Speed!

Click on the link to "Carving" and read about the Skwal, which is essentially an ultra-narrow carving snowboard...

Now THIS would be worth a try on a boring weather day.

\:D

I can only assume that certain people ignore me. everytime a hardboard thread or post showed up in the last few weeks i have posted about this type of board (I see now that it is called a skwal). I even started a thread on it. I tell you, I saw these guys totally slicing the groomers open on them. I am getting one for next season for the days where the hard groomer is all that is available.

db, it's all thanks to you...I found the Skwal doing a search after seeing your post in the "hard boards" thread saying something about some people rocking an "ultra-narrow board"...I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I Googled it.

Credit where credit is due! It was all you.

Now, your next job is to actually get riding on one, then give us a full review!

\:D

wow Skwal I saw one of those in Spotaka shop recently, havent seen one for 5 years. I tried riding one back then, when they first came out and its a really interesting thing, your feet and both pointing foward, one behind the other on a narrow waist with a really big sidecut-wide tip and tail.

Anyway its a fairly unstable thing due to the positon of your feet,just try standing like that right now, you have no stability.

To make it work your hip must face foward at all times and no twisting so all the motion is conducted from the knees, angling them in the direction you want to go.

you need pole for stability but once you are going you can carve a trench deep enough to lay cables in.

And its really hard much harder than skiing or boarding. a newcomer to snowsports would really struggle without ever skiing before