That's a really great idea. I thought of mountains when I saw them but didn't realise they were based on some actual mountains. Which ones?

A really good logo comes from it having meaning - even if it isn't apparent to people straight away.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So here is our new logo. We hope you like it.   It took us about 2 months to get it locked down with the help of a very talented logo designer type dude (to whom SJ1 apologises for being so massi

It was really difficult getting those mountains right.   I gave the designer about 20 photos that I thought might make for good shapes, but lots of them didn't work as well as I thought. I wanted

Looks good I think. I admire the attention to detail, but does it matter? I'm sure most people won't notice.

• SnowJapan Admin

Here's the new sticker and flyer we have had made up. Looking very nice, if I say so myself. :friend:

We'll soon let you know how you can get some, if you so wish

The new SnowJapan sticker and flyer

Here's the new sticker and flyer we have had made up. Looking very nice, if I say so myself. :friend:

Oh I so have to have some new stickers - my trip to Japow next year won't be the same if I am not covered from head to to in SnowJapan Stickers PLUS how will I be able to identify my luggage at the airport without stickers all over it ;)

• SnowJapan Admin

It was really difficult getting those mountains right.

I gave the designer about 20 photos that I thought might make for good shapes, but lots of them didn't work as well as I thought.

I wanted the shapes to all be based on real mountains in Japan, but not be obvious as to which mountains.

The shapes you see are based on two photographs taken looking back towards Iijiyama (Yuzawa) from the Minamiuonuma area, which is quite fitting really, considering that is where we are based.

Iiyama is the peak between Iwappara and Centleisure Maiko.

The sea-creature-curves are also based on real mountains, each one in a different area.

• Like 1

Oh I so have to have some new stickers - my trip to Japow next year won't be the same if I am not covered from head to to in SnowJapan Stickers PLUS how will I be able to identify my luggage at the airport without stickers all over it ;)

Ha ha! I am glad I am not the only one that uses that trick :lol:

I'm sure it doesn't matter to most people, Tazza, but it mattered to me!

I wanted it done properly and to my total satisfaction. I didn't want them to just be any old shapes.

So twas important.

:dance:

:thumbsup:

• 11 months later...

About a year since we saw this first, what a great logo it really is. Love it. Sticker and flyers look great.

Friend saw mine on my laptop over summer and commented on how cool it looked.

:thumbsup: