FEATURE : Winter Conditioning, by Jeff Libengood

A new feature, "Winter Conditioning", written by Jeff Libengood from Jeff's Fitness Center in Shibuya, has been put online.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/features-56.html

Snow is here and it’s time to hit the slopes. Whether you ski or board, the ill prepared (and unfortunate accident victims), are more susceptible to the most common injury on the slopes, the knee. For those of you interested in specifics...

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/features/features-56.html

Please note that the views expressed in any Features on Snow Japan are not necessarily those of Snow Japan.

Discuss it here....

A great article with absolutely loads of exceptional information.

Almost too much info.

I can't help thinking that those of us who understood (most) of it are already in pretty damn good shape for winter sports (or know how to get there), and those really needing some help left somewhat confused. Sometimes a simple set of pointers and a basic weekly program can be more helpful in getting people off the ground. If I were a beginner, i'd be thinking, "holy crap, better get myself down to a fitness center, this gigs a bit over me 'ead"

Until a few years ago, fitness really wasn't that complicated. Most important thing is to actually be doing something, and, of course, having fun doing it!

Anyway, off to do some crunches on my (non-uni-approved) swiss ball. \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by enderzero:
Everyone is just ripping on this guy. You know he probably reads this, right?
I imagine, contrary to some opinions stated here, Jeff has quite enough self esteem to hold his own!

People ripping on you for, er, just doing what you like? well, you must have something they're jealous of then!

For all the 'compensating' crap lifters have to put up with, the only real compensating I see (sorry, hear) comes from those who feel so inadequate they have to take a slice outta someone else verbally.