If we (me & Missus) can afford it, we would buy 4 more snowboards.

2 splitboards and bindings, 2 long boards... but we can´t.

We already have 4 boards and 3 bindings, all good to go.

One board is nearly jynxed for me because I broke my bone twice on it. This one has 15 days on it. I won´t ride this any more.

The Salomon Burner is our favorite and I let my missus have it. This has 100 days on it. The initial stiffness is gone and it´s still a great board.

Rome needs constant tune up but she is great for hitting quarter pipes and going switch ... bit on the short side (151) and not for bombing. We still take this one out. Has 50 days on it.

Atomic V-tail. Not exactly the way I want it but a good compromise.

might end up a DIY splitboard.

Looks like it will be a 3 yr turn around for me too.

My first board has not had an outing (other than a loan to a friend) since I bought my 2nd. 2nd is same style but longer - once I got used to the extra length there was not reason to go back.

I love the Burton Troop. But #2 son reckons it is in crap condition. It is pretty confronting when your son demands to know "what the hell have you done to it?!"

Looks like they are going to get me a new board for Christmas biggrin

But I get very attached to my boards. I don't like change.

Originally Posted By: Mamabear

Looks like they are going to get me a new board for Christmas biggrin
But I get very attached to my boards. I don't like change.

Same here MB. Wife "suggested" I should lose one of my boards as I don't need two. She was right, but it's one of my babies and I can't bear to part with it.

I tried to sell mine... offered it cheaply to mates on Facebook knowing that none of them would really be interested. Panicked when I got a bite, but she never came through! LOL

Seriously?! Panic! WTF It has been hiding in the loft for a couple of years!!!

Gear whore alert:

I am thinking about the Never Summer Lotus-R.

Just worried about the 'weight' seeing as I have to FLY for snow...

Year 1: Noname brand, bought at hardoff for 12,000yen, but accidentally was the perfect size for me and the perfect flex for a beginners board.

Year 2: It was a noname brand so i thought it was crap and traded it out. (actually i gave it to a mate). Then bought an artec 2.3 from olympic sports outside nagano for 23,000yen. Sick board, but too powerful for me. So gave the artec to the same mate (and he gave the other deck to another mate of ours).

Year 3: Bought a sierrascope for about $450. Loved it, so much fun to mess around on. But by the end of the season i was starting to get fed up of washing and felt it lacked bite. The year on the artec definitely turned me into a slightly more feisty rider. So

pre season year 4:

Bought a quiver killer. i needed a deck that would complement the sierrascope, so bought the quiver killer to rip on. Scored a very good deal on ebay ($120)

And then sierra snowboards went under, but not before they got the 2011 capita gear in stock, so took advantage of my 20% discount and bought a charlie slasher. ($300)

But i still wanted a bataleon, so after an endless hunt, finally bagged a reasonably cheap airobic for $150 on ebay.

Took all three to niseko and furano, but only took the quiver killer to nagano (it became my goto deck for good reason - the board is aces).

Pre season Year 5:

Was moving to japan and really couldnt be having 4 decks with me, so put them all up for sale (except the charlie). Got very little interest, but through some kind of pure miracle someone contacted me the week before i left for japan and offered me the full whack on teh quiver killer and the airobic.

So got 250,000won (about $200) on the quiver killer, and 240,000 ($190) on the airobic. Obviously with importing from US i didnt make cash, but didnt lose too much either so that was surprising and nice.

And now ive got a sierrascope and a charlie slasher. Which means theres a MASSIVE hole in my quiver. The slasher at 164 is too big to be my go-to, and the sierrascope isnt really aggressive enough. Its definitely more a cruisy muck around board. It makes a great butter board for me because i dont like my boards tooo soft.

So ill be buying a bataleon riot at last. Just a case of waiting for the right price for the effort. smile

So its about 1 deck a year id say.

Incidentally only had 3 bindings. The ones that came on my hardoff board, some cheap ride bindings on my artec, and union forces which i swap in and out of on everything since. No need to buy anymore razz I love my forces.

dude you have far too many boards!! lol

I bought a non name board, boots and bindings deal back in scotland for 200 quid as my start up, a couple of years ago I saw a Burton custom and Flows for 8k together in Hard Off and snapped them up and I haven't upgraded since. last year I ALMOST bought a Bataleon jam after Ippy got me all hyped up about the TBT and had my credit card out and numbers typing but for some reson it wouldn't go through (my card was fine, it was the other end that had the problem) and I took that as a sign to keep my money. The pull of a new board is strong this year again.....I'm def getting a new pair of boarding pants and I've been thinking about a helmet as well

I dont even like snowboardng. Its too early, too tiring, and too cold. Plus what i see myself doing in my head never matches up with what im doing on the snow and that obviously pees me off.

Still 7 decks in 5 years, it aint that terrible. If i didnt have a quiver though it might be, but i have my two outliers and my one main ride (or will have) so im all set for however i feel smile

Oh, and i should point out that theres a 2012 jam (i forget the size) ex demo on sale for 50% off in one of the shops in tokyo. Theres a 156 (i beleive) in seoul as well for 30% off. smile

Just counted up and it looks like about 15 pairs of skis in my 30 years of skiing, some lasting quite a few seasons and some not making it through even one.

Someday I'm going to score the perfect skis, but until then everything is always for sale and there's always another pair out there I'm lusting after.

2 seasons ago was my first pair since 1996, got back into skiing in a big way.

Resulting in wanting to try a slightly wider ski, so new skis again at the beginning of last season.

Fell in love with powder and decided I needed a wider ski again, so I got last years Bent Chetler on sale from UK back in June. with no import duty for skis to Japan,even with postage it was a very nice price. So 3 new pairs in 2 seasons, but now I should be set for a few years.

Originally Posted By: DiGriz
dunno, brit-gob, stupid impulse buying might be a better description.

heard nothing but good about the bents, sand.

Heard the same things. Got some MFD bindings to turn the atomic bindings into touring bindings on them as well.
so really looking forward to getting myself out there in to the slack and back country if there's anyone keen for similar missions in Hokkaido in Jan, I'll be there pretty much all month + have a Japan Drivers license for renting a vehicle if people are keen?