Originally Posted By: norcal
Shit was crazy that day. I was living in California, still had to go to work! wtf! lol

I'm not into the 9/11 10 year hype. It's something that should always be remembered, but in true American fashion, we only remember when reminded. An '##' year marking shouldn't represent anything.

Regardless, sucks for those that lost their lives, and the families that had to deal with the pain. Hope after all these years they have been able to get their lives back.

refreshing to hear a Yank with this view, especially one with military ties.....i truly salute you Norcal. thumbsup

I think the biggest honor to the innocent people who lost their lives on 9/11 is to understand the history of events. We now have the privilege of retrospect in which we can take a tragic event and learn from it to prevent it from happening again.

Instead of maybe shaping our foreign policy against what has caused terrorist attacks, we are still...10 years later...in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now US troops and Iraqi civilians are being killed because of a system of insurgents. The population drones on day by day as we shelter in ignorance and allow the wars to continue to rage on. Everything that people suffered for has only been exacerbated. We have given terrorism the spotlight it needs and more importantly to them made a martyr of Bin Laden. Bin Laden has states several times that his goal was to do what they did to the Russians and slowly bleed them by fighting in unfamiliar territory against a perpetual enemy.

It's sickening to see how mistakes hit us directly in the face over and over yet we refuse to change like an abusive based relationship. Pardon my extreme analogy but there are some serious kinks to work out in this country if we are ever going to "honor" the innocent people that died that day.

Originally Posted By: window-cleaner
I was about to go to bed and have a fairly early night.
Just flicking through and saw the image of that first fire.
Just about had enough time to hear a general discussion on what it was when that second plan came in from the right and slammed into the other building.
That was one truly shocking moment.

Especially for a window-cleaner. As a professional, I expect you must have been wondering how they were ever going to get those windows looking right again.