Nearly 10 years, can you believe it.

Still remember watching all that happen, gobsmacked.

History and Discovery channels with lots of specials on and I think there is a special new documentary on history airing at 9:46pm on the 11th. Should be interesting.

Shit was crazy that day. I was living in California, still had to go to work! wtf! lol

I'm not into the 9/11 10 year hype. It's something that should always be remembered, but in true American fashion, we only remember when reminded. An '##' year marking shouldn't represent anything.

Regardless, sucks for those that lost their lives, and the families that had to deal with the pain. Hope after all these years they have been able to get their lives back.

Not sure what you mean by 'hype', norcal, though probably not being in the US helps with that. People can't help doing things for anniversaties though and 10 years is a big one, so to speak. Just humans being human.

I do remember it all very clearly though. Remember seeing that 2nd plane fly in from the background and smash through the second building. What a moment that was.

Don't mean to take anything from what happened, just seemed to me (not from this site) that it was another one of those 'hey, it's xx years, lets care' that the media provides.

Wasn't trying to attack anyone, didn't mean for it to sound like that!

People's view of history gets punctuated by major events. At school, my class did Britain from 1815 to 1914. The end of the Napoleonic War to the start of WWI. For the USA, 9/11 is such a major event.

I hope these retrospectives don't omit the health problems of the 9/11 responders and local residents. There were warnings pretty much from day one that large amounts of asbestos and toxins had been released. Like Fukushima now, the health risk was downplayed by Gulliani and his cronies and only emerged in piece by piece thanks to whistleblowers and investigative journalists. It sounds like tens of thousands were affected, making a whole second tragedy.

I was about to go to bed and have a fairly early night.

Just flicking through and saw the image of that first fire.

Just about had enough time to hear a general discussion on what it was when that second plan came in from the right and slammed into the other building.

That was one truly shocking moment.

There was one on last night that went through all the conspiracy theories that was quite interesting, almost funny at times in some of the things people came out with.

News sites are all excitedly "breaking" this:

The US Department of Homeland Security is warning of a "credible threat" of a terror strike in advance of the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.

Giving no specific details, a statement said: "It's accurate that there is specific, credible but unconfirmed threat information."

Officials noted that documents seized during the raid of Osama bin Laden's Pakistan compound in May showed the al-Qaeda leader was considering strikes to coincide with the anniversary.

An anonymous counter-terrorism official told the Associated Press that authorities have been investigating the intelligence since it was received late on Wednesday.

US media reports suggested that the threat was aimed at Washington or New York, but security officials did not confirm those accounts.

US TV network ABC News is reporting that three individuals entered in the US in August with the intent of carrying out a terror attack inside the country, but the report remains unconfirmed.

heard some report the other night where the person said

"we always thought 9-11 was just the beginning and there would be more attacks elsewhere...but there weren't"

umm... OK

So, the London tube never got hit?

My cousins husband was stuck between stations for 4 hours, and if he has not missed the train before wouldn't be here...

And the Bali Bombs were a figment of my imagination?

I am sure my 3rd sons mate lost his mother that day...

And wasn't there something in ?Spain?

doh