• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to check out Zao...was heading up there last year when the quake hit. Other than that just gonna try to get some weekends in during the season. Might try a trip to Niseko/see the fam/check out the Winter festival in Febuary...gonna be an expensive trip lol

Originally Posted By: fukdane
Originally Posted By: big-will
Perhaps we could have a meet up.

I'm in!

We had started discussing a meet-up in Fukushima in this thread:
http://www.snowjapanforums.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/417494/Re_Casualties_of_events.html#Post417494

Thinking maybe Alts or Inawashiro, preferably in the first half of the season...

Going for 100 days this winter! Will be starting up at Kurodake from as soon as there's snow. Main part of the season will be around the Sapporo and Asahikawa area, with a few trips down to Niseko, Rusutsu etc. Then finishing off up in Taisetsuzan for as long as the snow lasts. Hopefully a few stupid but fun patch skiing missions as late as July!

Im at that annoying time of year to switch jobs. My last pay cheque was mid august, and my next one is november 1st. So byebye savings and no time to recover them before boarding season.

So this year might end up blowing for me smile Likely ill be in nagano though. Maybe a few weekends to nozawa since its possibly a bit easier to hit up than hakuba. Im definitely hitting up ryuoo though sometime when the powder hits. Id love to see that place when its swimming.

Hakuba might be the trickiest out of the lot i truth since it requires an early bus from nagano station. So chances are its myoko, yuzawa and nozawa for me.

(oh and a trip to niseko in early jan before school restarts for winter term, and maybe (actually definitely) again in march after it breaks up following graduation).

Busy and messy season this time smile

im dead keen on hitting yuzawa. I almost wet myself when i saw it posted on the kumagaya shink board.

But i have a thing for myoko and nozawa, so if im making a weekend of it, ill probably just head there.

I dont knwo a thing about minakami, but now you mention it inm off to research it. Everyone ive talked to here about snowboarding all go to gunma, but they all say it with the qualifier that its not as good as nagano/niigata, but as i say, im dead keen on finding new places to ride so thanks smile

stunning pictures as ever. More places to research smile And dammit if you didnt just put back into my head that i need to get my charlie slasher split and buy the rest of teh crap that comes with it. I was trying to keep that hidden at the back of my mind so i could actually save soem money :'( Easy come, easy go.