dont really have much of a problem with fitness, play mid field for soccer 3 times a week, and basketball 3 times a week. stamina doesnt seem to be much of a problem, but upper body strength is generally lacking.

snowboarding always makes me use muscles i never thought i had.

Fit is a relative term. Fit for a marathon? Hell no. But can I ride the lift at the resort? Hell yes! Gravity takes care of the rest. \:D

To be honest though - I'd like to lose about 30 pounds. I'm very active, can run for an hour without stopping, but eat too much. \:\(

I remember saying last year, I need to lose weight to get back to my volleyball playing form. Then I remember at Tazawako during our last jet ski race and saying, "I need to lost weight to keep the g forces down", and now, snowboarding again, I need to lose weight for it.

The bottom line is, I need to lose weight.

I thought chicken was meat, although when I was a vegetarian, I encountered a lot of people who seemed to think it was a vegetable. "Have you got anything vegetarian?" "Yes, we have chicken mayonnaise salad".

I keep trying to be fit, but then I get sinusitus or it snows all over where I normally run. But I'm going to eat less and run even when it snows.

there r many classifications of your level of vegetarianism. vegans eat no animal products.

i call myself vegetarian, but enjoy eggs and dairy. u dont kill a chicken to eat an egg (please buy free range).

but i eat fish

Quote:
But it's ok to eat fish

Cause they haven't any feelings

(although there r certainly issues which need addressing in the fishing industry)

ive heard this makes me piscatarian, but i have no proof that this is actually a word.

Ah fitness, im not to bad, i play catcher at softball and i train for 3 hours as well as the game so i dont have much a problem with fitness... but i do get tired pretty quick, im a Vego too...

Ocean isnt it funny that yes chicken and fish are classified as veggies too!

"im a vego" ah right "so fish for dinner then?"

wooersme...

well, that was kinda the point i was trying to make.

piscavegetarianism is really quite common, but not well labelled.

often people dont eat eggs and or milk, but the terms ovo-lacto (or any combination) vegetarian are rarely used as a general description. and if one does bandy these terms about u may give the impression of being somewhat anal.

i use vegetarian to get the idea out there that veggies r fine, meat is not desired, and then address the fish issue down the line if necessary. having identified myself in this manner, i can be reasonably confident (outside of japan) im going to recieve the food i want to eat.

i find things swing both ways. i can become upset if i have asked for vegetarian food that arrives full of tiny bacon bits (but may well eat it cos im not into wasting food). but at the same time am open to the idea that vegetarian means different things to different people. i support anyone who is willing to cut down their meat consumption.

i have a friend who describes himself as vegetarian-preferred.

ummm, yeh, and the thread thing, well, usually fittish, i would say.

I usually run in the off season and try to go 3 times a week leading up to it. I don't think I'm fit enough-if I could do 3 half hour hikes in a day in a day comfortably I'd be satisfied with my fitness.

• 4 weeks later...

nope, but I am at the stage where I hate it and it is a constant source of annoyance to me. I only actually enjoy a few that I have at specific times, the rest are just habit.

db, given your recent post on flipping, it's ironic that you can't apply the same thought processes to smoking. That's exactly the way I gave up smoking - by thought control.

I had come to realize that I considered myself to be a smoker, therefore every 30 min of so, I'd say to myself - I am a smoker, therefore I should be smoking a cigarette about now. Simply by telling myself the opposite, I was able to stop. Now I very occasionally smoke a cigar and really enjoy it, but it's not an addiction thing.

It sounds as though you have considerable mental strength, so you should apply it to smoking too. I still feel the effects of years of smoking, years after giving it up.