SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
norwegianwinter

Where to ski in early february -12?

The shink will do a lot more for domestic tourism than international tourism, that's for sure. Not just due to prices, but because of convenience and cultural preference, a lot of Japanese people really like trains.

One concern lately is that with the arrival of the shinkansen, a lot of the smaller train stations in the area will shut down (i.e. Niseko). That would hurt certain programs on the Niseko Village/Annupuri side of the mountain.

Will it have that much of an effect though, it's not as if it is much further.

Actually, have they decided where to put the station anyway?

Last I heard it was going to go into Kutchan. Kutchan is a pretty large town by population, especially compared to Niseko-cho.

I think it will have a pretty major effect on the area, especially at first. It may encourage investment from domestic companies (think JR/ANA package tours and hotels partnering with JR to bring people on weekend trips from Tokyo).

Will be interesting to see how much they accept the views being messed up by that great big hulking slab of concrete.

I'm hoping for an underground station!

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.