Not an expert on the area but I found the better challenges to be over in Yakebitai and Okushiga. Nothing extreme though. But lots of long fast crusing kind of runs and lots of trees closeby. For taking pics of course. wink

There's a few good spots around Higashitateyama and Giant, though again they're not really mad steep. It isn't the place for that, but as 2pints says there's a lot more on offer.

the steepest part is either at yakebi or the olympic course. Neithers *that* steep, but the olympic course has the advantage of being a place you can seriously rip on. Its consistently fast. It also has a few terrifying drops/rollers that i never saw anyone attempt to hit at full speed.

Don´t intend to jack, but what do you all reckon is steep enough?

or what do you prefer?

If it´s just a short section, it really isn´t anything is it?

Something longer, not narrow, 60 degrees and hardpack?

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
hardpack?

Wash your mouth out dear sir. Its pow pow pow.

Less of the Pow pow pow in Europe methinks - well at least it was when I was there wink

Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
.. you still in Europe at Xmas?? Am thinking of Staiber/Nuestift again....

WHERE?

And back on topic:
I'm not all that keen on long long bumpy narrow icy steeps, but I do like a little challenge every now and again.
Keen to add Shiga Kogen to the hit list at some stage biggrin

Austria, Mamabear.

You wanna come ? Top of Tirol at 3300m

Pow pow pow really depends being at the right place at the right time (very obvious statement) but Pete had it. He nailed the best week of the whole season.

Hell, I remember him nearly not making it out of China!

Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Austria, Mamabear.
You wanna come ?
Don't tempt me! lol
Zermatt in January - and looking at side trips in the middle week tossing up between a few at the moment.

Maybe I can convince PB that a Hakuba/Shiga combo for 2013 is the wag to go biggrin

Why not !? biggrin

You can do St. Anton and Hintertux and all ...

St. Anton is expensive but similar to Zermatt price and I bet you get more pow. Help ya with booking a place if you want. wink

• 4 weeks later...

One of the steepest is the black run that starts just beneith the bakery on Yakoteyama. Has a great pitch & some good banks to hit. can be icy at times though veryshocked