Mainly because the ONLY part of the noise that emanates is the bass. AKA the "doof-doof" crap. I have seen a car where the bass was so far up that the windows were moving in time. (The doors and windows were all fully shut). Eardrum death, that!

The good old days, I used to have 4 amps giving me 2000 watts of power with two twin coned 18" subs and many speakers in my car, back when I was younger of course.

People could here me coming from a mile away.

The bass was so powerful that when you stood outside of the car the whole ground vibrated and reverberated. Those were some good times, of course nowadays and don't have no where near as powerful system as I did have, now only people with in a hundred metre radius can here me coming!!!!

Originally Posted By: snowdude
The good old days, I used to have 4 amps giving me 2000 watts of power with two twin coned 18" subs and many speakers in my car, back when I was younger of course.
The bass was so powerful that when you stood outside of the car the whole ground vibrated and reverberated. Those were some good times, of course nowadays and don't have no where near as powerful system as I did have, now only people with in a hundred metre radius can here me coming!!!!

W_ANCHOR.png
Originally Posted By: snowdude

lol....Similar here Snowdude. I used to enter sound-off competitions when I was up in Hokkaido. I had a civic loaded with Kicker 2x12s and 2x10's, JBL GTI front stage, Precision power, Stinger caps, and a Pioneer DEX-P1 head unit. It was a system with a nice balance of power and tone.

Now, In the LandCruiser I have a pair of MTX 12" subs, a JBL GTO front stage, Alpine and Sony power and a cheapy JVC head unit. It's good enough for a rattly old diesel Toyota... party

Anyway, yes, Ironically, I too hate boomy cars and the music always sucks.
Originally Posted By: Curt
What system best suits an old white ojisan 'k-tora'?

Thinking of getting one of them, would be so cool.

Cheap cd/mp3 deck and some cheap 5 inch two ways for the doors. Woo..hoo party

Just think, if you got one of those you could wear a triangular straw hat and enjoy pulling out suddenly of country roads directly in front of other oncoming fast-moving vehicles - even when there's 5km of clear space behind said vehicle.

thumbsup

Talking of cassette tapes, I do in fact own a K-truck and it does in deed have a cassette radio player in it, no CD MD's in there!

To think twenty years ago it was a highly sophisticated piece of equipment, today it is just a pile of crap! How things have changed so much!

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads

Just think, if you got one of those you could wear a triangular straw hat and enjoy pulling out suddenly of country roads directly in front of other oncoming fast-moving vehicles - even when there's 5km of clear space behind said vehicle.

thumbsup

Haha why do they do that? confused