Hakuba had clear skies and 15 cm+ fresh on Friday.

more fresh snow on Saturday and overcast and somemore on Sunday but was almost a white out at the top, g ood coz Patrol couldnt see you in the trees. buton Sunday the snow was really wet and heavy, but still a lot better than a kick in the teeth

yo...

sat. was o.k. at happo...nothing eventfull, but just good fun...attempted my first freestyle move...I need work on that...managed to get maybe 110degrees of rotation before i found myself on my ass...I blame it on my gear \:D

sun. was the gem...hit cortina with db, enderzero, mista sparkle and a few others for some sick fun runs all day...about shin to knee deep, a bit heavy, but not so wet, which meant it was fast...the trees in cortina are SICK!! such a fun day...will post a journal and some pics soon!

kick ass party at snowbeds sat. night as well...good time... \:D \:\)

danz

Snow was wicked-you would have had a better time in it if those rental dudes had waxed your board kamushka. But yes fairly wet pow with some serious sluff sliding going on-it would pay to be very cautious out there at the moment.

There's no such thing as 'fairly wet pow'. Powder is by definition dry.

Conditions at Nozawa were great on Saturday morning. Creamy thick snow with a bit of resistance, but not heavy. It was nice to ride even after loads of people had gone over it. By the arvo conditions were not nearly so good, with the cream turning to clag. The very short sections of piste that we rode were in prime condition too.

There's snow coming down in Suwa at the moment. It looks pretty good quality.

I was a Ichinose, ShigaKogen over the weekend. snow and a little fogging on Saturday. Big snowstorm developed Saturday night. By Sunday morning (around 7) snowfall stopped. Didnt know how much it was, but at the base areas, it was more then knee deep. I would say around 120-150cm on top. Clear sky. Great runs on Sunday.

(too bad they closed the time trial Olympic runs only to some skiiers.... or I would love to try that)...

Not bad up at Shirakabako on Sunday afternoon. The ungroomed snow had runnels in it from the rain and was well crusty on top, but it was fun to ride and the groomers weren't at all bad either.

I felt lucky to be riding something decent after all the rain.

Oh Ocean, I thought you`d be up at Nozawa yesterday...I was looking for a guy with red helmet. ;\) Haven`t visited Shirakabako Royal Hill(sic)in ages. Do they still have a decent board park?

Yeah, it looks like their board park is getting better and better (actually, there probably isn't much else to recommend the place). I figured Nozzle wouldn't be very good and I couldn't be bothered to haul my carcass half way across Naggers for that.

Next weekend might be worth it though. And if it's not, I'll be checking out Royal Hill's boarder X trail. You used to go there from Tokyo?

Shirakabako Royal Hill basically has only 3 runs doesn`t it? But lots of dedicated freestyle boarders go there just for the park\pipe cuz it`s relatively close to Tokyo and cheap. I used to take the same-day morning ski bus from Shinjuku to go there...very economical. On special days you often pay less than 5000yen for the whole thing! \:\)

Royal Hill is owned by a transport company, Alpico, so I guess they can organize their own packages.

From the privileged viewpoint of somebody who lives near the place, I'd have to say it took a dedicated boarder to go there from Tokyo... ;\)

royal-hill.jpg