It is a fair distance but I would imagine many people going over there have a car anyway. In a car they are definitely very easy to do together. Something a bit different.

oooh, i moved. They wanted a japanese speaker at yorii, so instead I ended up in a much better location. I now live in konosu, so im literally a few stops from the shink to gala yuzawa and nagano at kumagaya smile

• 3 weeks later...

I went to Kusatsu this weekend as a birthday treat and can vouch for the quality of the onsen, if not the snow! ;) Am therefore planning a return trip there this winter with my non-snowboarding but onsen-loving girlfriend, so should also be able to let you know what the resort's like. & there's a JR bus from Shinjuku to Kusatsu bus terminal (which is apparently a free, 5-minute bus shuttle ride away from the resort) for 2,500Yen, which I thought wasn't too bad. :thumbsup:

& a belated welcome back to Japan Ippy :)

fanks dude. Its expensive being back :) Burned through all my korean savings and down to my last pennies before getting paid in november. Still, its good to be back... I miss my korean students loads though :p

I went to Kusatsu this weekend as a birthday treat and can vouch for the quality of the onsen, if not the snow! ;) Am therefore planning a return trip there this winter with my non-snowboarding but onsen-loving girlfriend, so should also be able to let you know what the resort's like. & there's a JR bus from Shinjuku to Kusatsu bus terminal (which is apparently a free, 5-minute bus shuttle ride away from the resort) for 2,500Yen, which I thought wasn't too bad. :thumbsup:

& a belated welcome back to Japan Ippy :)

Do Kusatsu allow snowboarders? I have the feeling they didn't (until recently anyway).

Some of the Kusatsu resort reviews on here mention the need to dodge beginner boarders so I`m guessing that they`re allowed now but yeah, I`ll check before I lug my stuff up there :friend:

I know what you mean Ippy, as I had exactly the same experience when I moved here 2 years ago from SK. In fact I went back there for a week this summer and stuffed myself silly with all the Korean food I miss. :lol: