Anyone else had a major headache with soundcards?

Mine is a Soundblaster something or other (a name that doesn't seem to be exactly like any of the hundreds mentioned on the soundblaster website) and I am having some real problems setting my 5.1 speakers up after a re-install of my PC. Spent hours last night messing around with things and still getting nowhere. Website help pages are close to useless as well.

Arrggggghhhh!

I sympathise, I have had a few headscratching sessions myself with these things in the past. I usually solved it by simply messing around with settings and suddenly hitting the solution. Quickly trying to write down what I did if I can remember!

Good luck.

Hate those things. My Dell came with a Soundblaster but as you said peterson the actual name of the thing didn't correspond exactly to the name of one that Soundblaster had. Didn't help trying to get the thing sorted.

I remember something similar.

I was just messing around with the Soundblaster console and not getting anywhere.

Make you that your Speaker Configuration in Windows is setup right too. That's what was preventing mine from working. Hope that helps

Funny, I usually have the sound OFF for 99% of the time. Couldn't care if the card doesn't work in 5+1 (or any other combination of numbers) so long as I can hear what's being played WHEN I want to!

I listen to a lot of music on my computer so I want the sound to be good. Never had to mess around with these things thankfully as I would be lost. As long as I know how to use the equalizer I'm sorted.