I was about to post this in the cho yummy thread, but realised just how not right that was.

On the news they are on about banning raw liver. RAW LIVER. Anyone here eat that? R A W. L I V E R!!!!!!!

veryshocked

Liver always brings back some rather unpleasant memories of horrid tasting 'tubey' meat and a rather nasty gravy that my gran used to make. It was like a punishment.

The thought of that... raw. The stomach churns.

And she was so good at many things, in particular custard pie. Bless her.

Originally Posted By: TubbyBeaverinho
yeah, I like to eat it with some fava beans and a nice chianti

^^
Classic!
I've eaten it plenty of times raw. The trick is it has to be calf liver... very tasty!!

I can't stand cooked liver (don't like the flavour or texture) but I did try raw liver once and actually didn't mind it. Not something I'd regularly order though.

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I can't stand cooked liver (don't like the flavour or texture) but I did try raw liver once and actually didn't mind it. Not something I'd regularly order though.

Agreed.
Overcooked liver is not yummy at all.
Fresh killed calf liver, raw is yummy.
Otherwise, I dip it in hot salted boiling water, and quickly fry with garlic and dash of soysauce, lemon, chilly, chives ....
YEAH
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Originally Posted By: Go Native

Agreed.
Overcooked liver is not yummy at all.
Fresh killed calf liver, raw is yummy.
Otherwise, I dip it in hot salted boiling water, and quickly fry with garlic and dash of soysauce, lemon, chilly, chives ....
YEAH

I just threw up in my mouth..
no. I have particular nasty memories, like Pie-Eater, of a concoction that my Granny used to make......vile shit!

Perhaps truer than you know. I've asked around about your Granny, and there's talk that she had a coprophile streak a mile wide.
Originally Posted By: Ocean11
no. I have particular nasty memories, like Pie-Eater, of a concoction that my Granny used to make......vile shit!

Perhaps truer than you know. I've asked around about your Granny, and there's talk that she had a coprophile streak a mile wide.

WTF are you on about? wakaranai
Originally Posted By: bobby12
Liver = disgusting
Pate = gorgeous

That´s what I´m talking about.
Pate is liver. French Pate - Duck liver.
You can make it from other liver, you know. Like chicken.
Baby food (the little jar ones) yummy.
Chicken or calf liver, put it in a blender with cream and salt, spices, etc and you get Pate.