Any decent Japanese politicians?

I suppose the same question applies to all countries, but... is there anyone actually decent out there?

This latest Hashimoto incident is a bit of a joke isn't it. There is talk that he tried to cock it up intentionally in order to get rid of Kan. He sure gave that a good go if true.

Originally Posted By: Curt
There is talk that he tried to cock it up intentionally in order to get rid of Kan.

Seriously?

That dude is seriously wealthy. He might be silly too but surely he wasn't prepared to have pretty much everyone hate him just to get Kan out.
Originally Posted By: klingon
People don't get to be at the top of the political ladders by being decent people.

omg No way, these were all grand people

ahitler.jpg

josef_stalin.jpg

mao01jpg.jpeg

bush%20finger.JPG

his side shade was pretty dapper.......pity about those evil, piercing eyes that would make your skin peel off and hide up your anus.....yeah his eyes really spoiled his look

Originally Posted By: TubbyBeaverinho
People don't get to be at the top of the political ladders by being decent people.

ahitler.jpg

josef_stalin.jpg

mao01jpg.jpeg

bush%20finger.JPG

Dont forget this witch!
thatcher11.jpg
Originally Posted By: stemik

ahitler.jpg

josef_stalin.jpg

mao01jpg.jpeg

bush%20finger.JPG

Dont forget this witch!
thatcher11.jpg

I can't believe I forgot about the Iron Witch doh
Sarkozy is such a nice guy that he does it to himself when he says soemthing stupid

I imagine that finger remains in that position a lot then? wink
Originally Posted By: brit-gob
lol

Thatcher. A movie about her coming out soon, she will be played by Meryl Streep.

Hope its a self flagellation movie........Thatch gets Whacked
Originally Posted By: Ocean11
Edano seems to be a reasonable man. I don't know anything about his personal policy interests, but he appears to behave with integrity, which is a good start.

Agreed, I have been impressed with him. Would like to see him run for prime minister, though there is the chance he could end up a disappointment like Fukuda, who was a better 官房長官 than prime minister.

Actually, I don't find Kan all that objectionable, either. Kind of a Jimmy Carter figure, seems to me: heart in the right place, if not terriby politically effective. In any case, I don't see any better prospects among his challengers.