Apple products aren't very good

Yes AU has the same package, plus one.

If you dont use the internet much but sometimes are likely to exceed the top limit then they offer a rate that starts at 1000 yen I think and goes up to a max of 5950 yen?

Or if like me you are a heavy internet user than you can pay a max of 5350yen/month for unlimited use.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: snowdude
Or if like me you are a heavy internet user than you can pay a max of 5350yen/month for unlimited use.

Interesting. So that's like giving up the chance of it just being 1000 yen if you don't use it in a month, right?

I have a Macbook pro and ever since I got the hard drive and screen replaced (free) it has been amazing. Also the iPod and iPod shuffle have been amazing as well.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Originally Posted By: snowdude

Interesting. So that's like giving up the chance of it just being 1000 yen if you don't use it in a month, right?

Yes!

Had a play with a friend's MacBook Air the other evening. Something about its design tempted me to try throwing it like a boomerang. (My mate is a marsupial, so hearing that accent might have placed boomerangs in my subconscious.) The poor guy might as well build a pipeline from his bank account to Apple so they can just suck up all his money more efficiently. He buys everything they make.

I had a look at the Macbook specs. You can get an Acer windoze laptop with a near identical spec for 60% of the price. The Acer one was also lighter for the same size screen.

Originally Posted By: pie-eater
Ah, but does it have a nice badge on it depicting an apple with one bite taken out of it?

No, but the price differential would allow you to purchase enough bottles of Tip-Ex to paint your own on there for the lifetime of the product.

You know what Tip-Ex is like.

Mr ~, that's very interesting about the Acer thing. If your goal isn't games specifically, I have a feeling something like this might be better for someone on the go than a tablet.

One thing I like about da pad is that it's just so easy to use anywhere. Turns on straight away, can sit back or lie down on a chair/sofa/bed, battery is good... I remember sometimes trying to do the same with a netbook. Just isn't the same. It's not good for doing grunt work, but I don't want it for that anyway.

So just now, I thought I'd learn how to build (or at least plan) an app, and I went to the relevant Apple page and there was video with a grinning developer in 1960s clothes and glasses, so I clicked on it out of mild curiosity ... and nothing happened. Probably because I'm using a PC. Or because I'm wearing modern clothes made of artificial fibres or something.

Nice work Apple. Can't even make a fncking video work on the Internet.

Aren't developers kind of otaku cool?

Especially Apple ones!

Apple seems to be like all the other arrogant web monsters.... here it is, use it if you want, do it our way, want help?....SOD OFFFFFFF!

They'll surely get paid back one day.

• SnowJapan Admin

Oh I remember when we were trying to get our App on the store.

After that, correcting a tiny mistake (taking 5 minutes) and then it taking 9 days for the corrected version to be approved...

Those were fun times!! wink

I remember you mentioning that and I have read a few other stories that are so mad they don't seem possible to be true. Strange how a tech company like Apple is so slow in areas like that.