Apple products aren't very good

I have an iPhone which I basically like very much. But every time I try to plug it into my computer, something different happens. iTunes is just the biggest piece of shit ever. What do those menu items mean? How do you get your goddamn songs onto the phone, and your goddamn photos off it? Sometimes it seems to work. It worked last time I sacrificed a small bird that I caught, but now even that doesn't work. Perhaps I need to sacrifice a human child?

Today I tried to install Safari (because Firefox loses my bookmarks and Opera wouldn't let me use a master password that I like). But Apple is so stupid they won't let you install an English version. Because you're in Japan right? So you must be Japanese right? I was yelling "Try to Think Different you stupid piece of shit!" The first thing I saw when the browser opened, apart from the mess of Japanese, was a picture of a half-dead Steve Jobs. Do they think people actually like the guy?

Apart from the times when they realize that you might like to have a little computer thingie in your pocket, they seem to have rocks in their heads.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jailbreak your phone. And an Ipad if you get one of them.

File transfer via wireless cut and paste

Video playback in any format with vlc

It makes them much more obedient.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Jailbreak your phone. And an Ipad if you get one of them.

Naturally I tried that, but it didn't go well either. First all of the jailbreak tools complained that my software version was too up to date, and about six months later, I got tired of waiting for them to catch up while iTunes kept pestering me about updating my OS (and telling me I had 'purchases' that needed backing up, but not telling me what they were nor how to back them up).

Do you know of a jailbreaking tool that works reliably with the latest version? I have something called 'Phone Disk' for mounting the phone as a disk that was working nicely until yesterday when it suddenly stopped working at all.

I used to wonder why people bagged on itunes but have had one or two experiences lately that have been frustrating. But then again I hardly ever use it...

The build quality of the ipad is top notch. As new over a year later and with a few hours a day used. And the user experience is just so way way ahead of say, the Galaxy Tab (that I have), it's laughable.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
The build quality of the ipad is top notch. As new over a year later and with a few hours a day used. And the user experience is just so way way ahead of say, the Galaxy Tab (that I have), it's laughable.

How true. I did a very cursory check of the iPad and Galaxy Tab in the respective shops, and just from the feel of it in your hands and general dimensions, the iPad is way superior. The iPad is the shape of web pages for a start, whereas the tab isn't.

Which is what makes the horribleness of the software all the more surprising. Say you find a song you hate on your iPhone, and you don't ever want to hear it again. Why not delete it there and then? Well tough, you can't. You have to nearly crash your car as you fumble about trying to Shuffle to a song that doesn't drive you crazy, and then remember to fire up iTunes when you get home so that you can find that song whose name and band you don't even know.

Issues like that generally don't bother me as I a) don't have music on my ipad and B) hardly ever connect up to a computer. I do have an ipod touch but even with that I don't connect up much.

It is cumbersome though so I suppose if you are forever doing stuff like that it would get very old very quick.

Yes I am another who wasn't sure what all the fuss was about with itunes but have since experienced some frustrations. I'm like gg though in that I rarely hook up to a computer anyway no need to.

I'm a long time Apple user but yes, iTunes sucks hard. iPhoto isn't much better, iMovie is horrible, too, the new Final Cut Pro X is a joke........Despite all that I'm a die hard Mac guy. clap

I just called Apple because I really, really, really wanted to download my photos, and they gave me the option of paying 7,000 yen for two years of help, or 3,000 yen for help with my current problem, or a link to a crappy Apple site without any useful info on it.

Instead, I found a product called DiskAid which lets you download your photos really quickly. It costs a fraction of what Apple is charging for help. Apple has taught me to Think Different.

I've never owned an Apple product. Have no intention of ever owning one of their products. Nothing they've ever made interests me in the slightest. wink

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I've never owned an Apple product. Have no intention of ever owning one of their products. Nothing they've ever made interests me in the slightest. wink

That's fabulous, thanks for letting us know. wink
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Originally Posted By: Go Native

Made my day too. wink

itunes is really badly designed, it took me so long to work out where the apps are kept. it is like they want to make every mm of the screen full of advertising campaigns.

Diskaid is a good way to get files on and off if you're not jailbroken. After jailbreak there are a number of ways of doing it. I normally use winscp over wifi.

Considering how good the iPad is as a photo viewer, it is insane that you cannot make photo folders on it. Such a simple little thing. Photo management on the device is a total disaster.

I just got myself the AU android phone and it is excellent, it is more like a mini computer that can make phone calls as apposed to a phone.

The internet is very fast, you can view any page including videos just like on a computer.

I would say you can pretty much do anything with it including making videos both in 3D and 2D, same with pics can edit them and put them in folders as you want.

Everything is in English as you can choose any language you want, including the browser.

Transfering files or pics, vids etc between the comp and phone is easy with either infrared or bluetooth.

If you want to use excel, word or powerpoint you can as it has the software on it.

Downloading is easy too.

As well as having a 3D camera, it also has 3D TV and will play movies in 3D too.

For anyone looking to change their phone and wants to access the internet while on the move I would certainly recommend the new Android phones as they allow complete access just like a computer and at very high speed access too.

They have a ton of stuff on them too, as well as music player, Tv, etc, etc.

Originally Posted By: snowdude
I just got myself the AU android phone and it is excellent, it is more like a mini computer that can make phone calls as apposed to a phone.

The internet is very fast, you can view any page including videos just like on a computer.
I would say you can pretty much do anything with it including making videos both in 3D and 2D, same with pics can edit them and put them in folders as you want.
Everything is in English as you can choose any language you want, including the browser.
Transfering files or pics, vids etc between the comp and phone is easy with either infrared or bluetooth.
If you want to use excel, word or powerpoint you can as it has the software on it.
Downloading is easy too.
As well as having a 3D camera, it also has 3D TV and will play movies in 3D too.

For anyone looking to change their phone and wants to access the internet while on the move I would certainly recommend the new Android phones as they allow complete access just like a computer and at very high speed access too.

They have a ton of stuff on them too, as well as music player, Tv, etc, etc.

do they have a capped top rate for internet usage? My mate's iphone will only ever charge him 7k a month max regardless the actuall amount of usage.....was wondering if the other smartphones have such a system

Docomo has an unlimited data usage plan with a maximum of 5980 yen a month. That's on top of the package you have for calls of course. If you don't use it at all it's a mimimum of just over 1000 yen a month. But if you do use it, you will probably very quickly hit that upper limit.