actually, 1 of the best collaborations by Daytime TV dectective actors was Jack Klugman (real name Quincy) appearing as a Baddie in Diagnosis Murder.....I was all confused, how could Quincy be a bad guy!!?? lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They never did or wanted to snowdude.

He was the only person ever to play the role and he also played a big part in creating what it was.... originally it was offered to Bing Crosby and would have been very different if he had played it.

The Columbo complete dvd set a steal on amazon at less than 50 quid, if you can't wait for Super Channel to show them all. wink

That's a lot of Columbo.

Sadly, it's the fake one and there's no authentic version (Japanese voice-over) included.

Bag, if it is direct from them --- yes, the VAT it taken off in the cart. Quickly covers the postage on most things and then gets you much more off if it's a more expensive package.

Not if it is from Marketplace or from their Jersey "merchants" or whatever they call them.

I always enjoy watching a Colimbo.

Great stories, great acting all the way.

There is one on now on NHK, the one with the two writers of Mrs Melville novels directed by Spielberg.

Watching that now.

Columbo has to be the best tv detective show there is.

Falk was great in the role but he was supported by excellent stories and all those really good supporting roles every time.

Great stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was watching Colombo today again on Mystery channel on Hikari TV.

For anyone who has Hikari TV and is interested in Colombo, this Friday starting 8pm they are running a 50 hour special, showing not only his movies but also showing an interview with him when he was alive.

Not sure If I will be here this weekend actually, maybe going out, but if not will be sat in front of the TV for several hours this coming weekend.

It is being run from Friday to sunday.

All of it can be watched in English, you just have to change the langauge settings in the menu.

Each one is about 90 minutes if I remember correctly, so say one every 2 hours. Thats 25 episodes. Not bad going.

Just one more thing. I remembered that some are shorter.

But we all need to rememeber ultimately that the "best Columbo" was the Japanese dude who did voiceovers. Better acting and everything.

wink