• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You sure it's not Mt Granview?   But.. seriously.. all rather worrying isn't it. My dome idea might not have been practical but why is there not a building covering that thing up?

Busby interview 1

Busby interview 2

Busby interview 3

Before we try to slam Chris Busby, have a look at his resume and then ask yourself why you are still in denial about the real danger.

Or shall we take the Dr Yamashita approach.

Dr. Shunichi Yamashita, who’s at the Atomic Bomb Research Institute. He’s the radiological health safety risk management adviser for the prefecture. He’s widely shown on national TV. He speaks widely in the prefecture, always saying there’s absolutely no concern with the levels of radiation in Fukushima. He says that mothers, even mothers exposed to 100 millisieverts, pregnant mothers, will not have any effect, health effect. Remember the number 100. Compared to that, the Soviet Union required a mandatory evacuation during Chernobyl at five millisieverts. This doctor is quoted as saying, “The effects of radiation do not come to people that are happy and laughing. They come to people that are weak-spirited, that brood and fret.†This is a direct quote. And he’s heading the study. And so, the citizens in Fukushima are very concerned.

lol I must be safe now.

Fukdane, enjoying life out of Fukushima?

I moved away from there in June (up in Hokkaido now) and my new town here gave me some assistance money. 200 000 yen now and another 100 000 yen in two months time if I still live here. This is a local government program and you may be elligible if it exists in your new town/city. I think the money came from local donations.

It is enough to cover the costs of moving and I am very grateful for it. Please check it out if your place has something similar.

Originally Posted By: spacefrog
Busby interview 1
Busby interview 2
Busby interview 3

Before we try to slam Chris Busby, have a look at his resume and then ask yourself why you are still in denial about the real danger.

Busby may well have some qualifications but his views on low level radiation effects on health puts him at odds with most of the accepted science. There's plenty of peer reviewed science that contradicts or does not support his assertions. As his own work has become more and more out there he is no longer able to get published in credible scientific journals and so publishes his own books. I'm not saying that everything he's ever done is without merit but he seems to have gone out on a pretty fragile limb scientifically to push his own agenda. So ask yourself why you believe this guy gives you any real answers about the danger?
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Busby may well have some qualifications but his views on low level radiation effects on health puts him at odds with most of the accepted science. There's plenty of peer reviewed science that contradicts or does not support his assertions. As his own work has become more and more out there he is no longer able to get published in credible scientific journals and so publishes his own books. I'm not saying that everything he's ever done is without merit but he seems to have gone out on a pretty fragile limb scientifically to push his own agenda. So ask yourself why you believe this guy gives you any real answers about the danger?

Yes that's right, he is warning the people that are caught in the area as opposed to the WHO and the govt here that say there is nothing to worry about. I see so you are in the Dr. Yamashita camp and advocate laughing and all will be well. At least Busby breaks things down into external and internal radiation as well as the food chain unlike the peers who say there is nothing to worry about.

So you think that science and funding works on a fair playing field, see who's funding and what their agenda is wink

Anyway only time will tell when the birth defects show us that there was nothing to worry about.

You seem to read a hell of a lot into my comments on Busby. Obviously if I don't jump on board and have as much faith in Busby as you do I must be on the complete opposite side must I?

As -20.7 points out everyone seems to have an agenda and it's very hard to know what to believe. It is pretty clear though that Busby has a long history of involvement in the anti nuclear movement at both the political and scientific level. His assertions are not backed by solid science. I'm not in the Dr Yamashita camp but neither am I in Busbys'.

I do not believe though that the Japanese government or the WHO are willingly putting people in danger. I do not believe that the Japanese government are attempting to cover-up the severity of the situation. I am confifident there is enough independent monitoring of the situation and that appropriate safety precautions are being taken. If they are not then it would be political suicide in the long run.

I do believe there are many anti-nuclear organisations and campaigners who have seized on the disaster to push their political views and sentaionalise the situation in Fukushima. And they also push pseudo, non peer reviewed science to back their claims. We need to be wary where we get our information. Some guy posting videos on the internet really isn't the best place to get your science.

As you say though time will tell...

Originally Posted By: Go Native
I do not believe that the Japanese government are attempting to cover-up the severity of the situation. I am confifident there is enough independent monitoring of the situation and that appropriate safety precautions are being taken. If they are not then it would be political suicide in the long run.

Definitely agree with that.
They just simply could not go on hiding the truth when there is so much attention and independent data.

Politics 101, suppress truth in times of crisis to maintain public order. Unfortunately this situation is nowhere near under control and the alarming rate at which Japanese scientists are being dumped by the Govt for not adhering to "there is nothing to worry about"line is indicative in itself. They are being replaced by so called scientist who are willing to adhere to the Govt propaganda. I mean green tea bushes being contaminated and the local shizuoka govt trying to suppress this information to avoid economic repercussions again is indicative. The cover up has been going on for ages and the people speaking out against it are vilified or not given a public forum to air said views.

What have we got against Professor Kodama?? Another rebel scientist or anarchic professor trying to get their 15mins???

The cognitive dissonance around here is startling. For the people who are in Kanto/Tohoku, time to get your heads out of the sand.

The cover up has been going on for ages and the people speaking out against it are vilified or not given a public forum to air said views.

Yes, and it's ever so difficult these days to get your views out in public if you want to.

If only there were ways to do such things..........

shifty

As kilngon asked why are you still in Tokyo? If you believe in cover-ups and misinformation and believe you and others are at risk why are you still there?

I don't believe there's any great conspiracy to hold back info. I do think that they just don't know a lot of things though and are on the side of caution with announcements.

We'll be able to look back and see how things turn out one day of course.

You know, it hardly gets a mention here in the UK any more.

I can't remember a "Fukushima" article in the mainstream media for at least a few weeks, perhaps more. Other countries?

The cognitive dissonance around here is startling. For the people who are in Kanto/Tohoku, time to get your heads out of the sand.

Do elaborate please, spacefrog.................
  • 2 weeks later...