• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the days, the ski fashion fell under 3 category

1) Demonstrator/ badge test crowd

Colour: all black or red. Characterised by the "Ika-bo" squid hat, that flat triangle top. Jumpsuit or tight two piece ski wear, no pads. Skis: Fischer. Kazama. Ogasaka Boots: Nordica

2) Pole racers

Padded elbow/shoulder/knees, jumper and pants by Desante/Elesse/Goldwin. Helmet optional. Usually no headwear just goggles. Ski: Atomic. Kastle. Rossignol, K2, Olin, Kazama,

Boots: Lange

3) Freestyle freeks

Head wear: none/bandana/hat with ball (like Santa)

Ear muffs or Sony walkman,

T-shirt/down jacket (long and no sleeve)

Jeans and spads (in spring).

My friend and I were the first to wear wetsuit material (neoprene)

in Japan (Naeba)

Ski: Olin. K2. Pre. Blizzard. Boots: Scott. Hanson

Cheers Jim.

You shudda come around to Naeba instead of Nakazato earlier.

There was only Villa 2 when we strated calling there home base, and they constructed 3 and 4 because it was so popular.

Man, the disco at the Price was going off.

We prolly would had met.

Originally Posted By: Metabo Oyaji
Wetsuit material? omg

That sounds spectacularly uncomfortable.

Unless maybe in spring?

Actually too hot in spring. Strictly winter and never got cold. Problem was, we sweated pretty bad and at the end of the day ... shifty

Wish I had some, Ski. Unfortunately that was also before pocket-size digital cameras and I never really thought about carrying my motor-drive Nikon F out on the mountain! wave

Jynxx, I used to hit Naeba pretty regularly, but mostly on weekdays -- may well have run into you (so to speak) if you were around. omg

What I remember a lot is waiting at a kissa-ten (coffee shop) playing Space Invaders. Waiting for the bus at Uzawa station ....

We didn´t have a car and was pre-Shinkansen days. When we got a car, the Kanetsu opened so we never had the oppotunity to get on the Shink.