No way. So trivial.

Example. skydiving is know as a money sport. you get what I mean? We don´t whinge about jump ticket prices.

I used to pay 300-360 Yen to a dollar. We are not talking national economic issues. swallow it.

Or is this some Scot and Yank issue about the evil of paying out the green buck. Your choice really.

If you can´t pay for your smoke, stop smoking.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your money goes further in the UK though as things are a bit cheaper....for example a can of coke is around 60p which is around 90 cents, but AFAICR a can of coke was about $1.20....a pint of

I'd be interested too. Though wonder if I can living here, do I need a closeby branch.

No way. So trivial.

Example. skydiving is know as a money sport. you get what I mean? We don´t whinge about jump ticket prices.

I used to pay 300-360 Yen to a dollar. We are not talking national economic issues. swallow it.

Or is this some Scot and Yank issue about the evil of paying out the green buck. Your choice really.

If you can´t pay for your smoke, stop smoking.

That's fine and well Jynnx, back when you were a boy and Judas was getting his 40 pieces of silver, exchange rates really didn't have much of an impact on peoples lives, but considering the Globalisation of the world, I'll continue to keep tabs on the rates that enable me to buy or not :thumbsup:

Globalisation happened since 2000 BC.

Jesus probably went to India in his days.

You guys are talking 10% fluctuation on an amount that is less than 5G. and for something that is a pretty even price across boarders. Sure there are over rated currency like Brit pound but in essence, coffee 3 dollars, 3 Euro, 300 Yen, nothing to fuss about.

Back in the 70´s being a teenager and living in Japan paying 300 - 360 to a dollar and paying 400000 yen for a return trip to Australia.

Travelling was expensive.

Cost of imported products was like ... Geez, it must be only for show to pay for something like that !

You guys aren´t coming from South America or S.E Asia. Can´t understand the fuss.

I do wonder if you had a few too many bashes to the head. Perhaps you should have spent those skydiving dollars on some better head protection so your train of thought would be understandable and your comments coherent.

While you may think that exchange rates do not affect you, as well, you probably haven't been yo Japan in centuries, those that travel here on holiday do need to know. The dollar/yen may be the biggest in the news, the rembini and Ozzie dollar are pretty important to the tourist industry in Japan.

We're not talking about coffee prices here, that shows a great amount of ignorance there, but rather tens, or if not hundreds, of thousands of yen.

exchange fluctuations can be the determining point whether someone comes to Japan or goes elsewhere.

If you do not have anything constructive or positive to say, why not just ignore the thread?

Most of the Aussies I've met this season haven't been concerned about the current exchange rate or cost of visiting Japan as they all say its still cheaper having a ski vacation here than back in OZ. If it was too high they may be encouraged to head to the U.S, Europe or Canada but for a lot the distance and cost of flights puts them off.

In regard to Ski visitors I prefer a reasonably strong yen as from my personal experience it helps to keep the idiots away. When the $AUS was stronger than the yen about 4 seasons ago a number of groups were visiting who seemed to be here just to get drunk, party and fight rather than enjoying the snow. Seems to be a better balance now with the with pissheads going to Bali to party and leaving the people who really want to experience the snow coming here.

The people who are though are obviously the ones that decided it was acceptable, of course.

Unlike the people who decided to give it a miss because of the cost.

It is certainly important to many people.

I do wonder if you had a few too many bashes to the head. Perhaps you should have spent those skydiving dollars on some better head protection so your train of thought would be understandable and your comments coherent.

While you may think that exchange rates do not affect you, as well, you probably haven't been yo Japan in centuries, those that travel here on holiday do need to know. The dollar/yen may be the biggest in the news, the rembini and Ozzie dollar are pretty important to the tourist industry in Japan.

We're not talking about coffee prices here, that shows a great amount of ignorance there, but rather tens, or if not hundreds, of thousands of yen.

exchange fluctuations can be the determining point whether someone comes to Japan or goes elsewhere.

If you do not have anything constructive or positive to say, why not just ignore the thread?

You know, Changing your user name to MIJ was a good move. Always thought Robdumm or Smartarse suited you better.

How many times have I told you to ignor me and you come back with this crap about positive and constructive.

whf do you think you are. Too many beers pickled your brains or what?

You know, Changing your user name to MIJ was a good move. Always thought Robdumm or Smartarse suited you better.

How many times have I told you to ignor me and you come back with this crap about positive and constructive.

Really? That's your retort. Crikey, the German sense of humour is really rubbing off on you isn't it?

Who am I? I am someone that supports this site and the snow industry in Japan. I'd like to think that sometimes I help people who come over here to enjoy the snow industry.

Who are you?

Back on topic, pound yen at 126.

If another month of trade deficit occurs, will it get worse?

Most of the Aussies I've met this season haven't been concerned about the current exchange rate or cost of visiting Japan as they all say its still cheaper having a ski vacation here than back in OZ. If it was too high they may be encouraged to head to the U.S, Europe or Canada but for a lot the distance and cost of flights puts them off.

In regard to Ski visitors I prefer a reasonably strong yen as from my personal experience it helps to keep the idiots away. When the $AUS was stronger than the yen about 4 seasons ago a number of groups were visiting who seemed to be here just to get drunk, party and fight rather than enjoying the snow. Seems to be a better balance now with the with pissheads going to Bali to party and leaving the people who really want to experience the snow coming here.

I think that is the sentiment of most Japanese people. Unless you were a Japanese exporter.

Tourism for Japanese is big, The Industry would like the Japanese to travel domestically. But foreign tourism is not something that the Japanese reled on or will rely on. Maybe with the aging community that might change, Geriatric care will become a major industry imo.

Japan makes its Yen by raw material import processing and exporting. S.Koreans have exceeded and are on top now.

The prioriy now and the next 10 years will be recovery and reconstruction from the Quake and that is connected to tied with the economic recovery.

I can´t understand at one moment they seemed to be so concerned about Japan and next it´s about the exchange rate jsu because they want to have an advantage as to what they can buy or go travelling. :sadface:

Really? That's your retort. Crikey, the German sense of humour is really rubbing off on you isn't it?

Who am I? I am someone that supports this site and the snow industry in Japan. I'd like to think that sometimes I help people who come over here to enjoy the snow industry.

Who are you?

Back on topic, pound yen at 126.

If another month of trade deficit occurs, will it get worse?

Jim Carry in Cable guy.

JEEEEERRRRRRRKK OFFF :lol:

I think that is the sentiment of most Japanese people. Unless you were a Japanese exporter.

Tourism for Japanese is big, The Industry would like the Japanese to travel domestically. But foreign tourism is not something that the Japanese reled on or will rely on. Maybe with the aging community that might change, Geriatric care will become a major industry imo.

Japan makes its Yen by raw material import processing and exporting. S.Koreans have exceeded and are on top now.

The prioriy now and the next 10 years will be recovery and reconstruction from the Quake and that is connected to tied with the economic recovery.

I can´t understand at one moment they seemed to be so concerned about Japan and next it´s about the exchange rate jsu because they want to have an advantage as to what they can buy or go travelling. :sadface:

what has "concern about Japan" got to do with the relevance of the exchange rate?! I'm a consumer, I want to buy at the cheapest possible prices.......that's the nature of the consumer-producer relationship

JEEEEERRRRRRRKK OFFF :lol:

Yep, your wife certainly did a good job last night. :happyshades:

The falling yen is certainly good for Japanese exports and the industry. Although part of me wants the Euro to crash spectacularly, the Germans and French are doing a good job on clinging to dear life with it. :confused: