:doh: How do you send money thru them? I wanted to do it but the way she described it, it sounded a bit convoluted and difficult.......was almost like she was expecting me to be sending huge amounts of cash
  • Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your money goes further in the UK though as things are a bit cheaper....for example a can of coke is around 60p which is around 90 cents, but AFAICR a can of coke was about $1.20....a pint of

I'd be interested too. Though wonder if I can living here, do I need a closeby branch.

Funny you should ask that TB, coz I'm just in the process of opening a Shinsei bank account for the sole reason of sending money back to Blighty!! I normally use the Post Office but can't get there during working hours these days and apparently Shinsei has a good, English-language online service. Will keep you posted! :friend:

Funny you should ask that TB, coz I'm just in the process of opening a Shinsei bank account for the sole reason of sending money back to Blighty!! I normally use the Post Office but can't get there during working hours these days and apparently Shinsei has a good, English-language online service. Will keep you posted! :friend:

Yep, they have a brilliant service.

Moreover, once you have registered an account to send the money too, you can then do transfers over the phone. Very friendly staff too.

Also, there are lots of bank machines that you can use in 7/11s for free, and also at Keikyu and Metro stations around Kanto.

I have a Shinsei account but when I asked about the international transfer it sounded a bit convoluted so I didn't bother doing it

First time, yeah, it's a pain in the arse.

EVERY time in the post office is a pain in the arse!

It is in my local one. It seems that every single time I do it, perhaps twice a year, there are different people and they have to learn as they do it.

Pull out hair time.

EVERY time in the post office is a pain in the arse!

It is in my local one. It seems that every single time I do it, perhaps twice a year, there are different people and they have to learn as they do it.

Pull out hair time.

Yes, that does seem to happen a lot.

I once tried to send American dollars to a British bank account... I was definitely the first person in the history of Shizuoka banking to try to do such a thing. It took an entire morning. That afternoon I took all my money out of my account and went down the street to a open a new account at a different bank.

The international rate on xe.com was 79.5 this morning. It's now at 77.9. (To the US dollar)

For some reason they still have it at 74 at the bank on my base. Back in Okinawa we could just go off base to get a better rate, but haven't found a place to do it here :(

Norcal... From ZY?

Today the rate at the Lucky LTD type places was just under 76 I think. I transfer money from my credit card to my wife via paypal in Yen so, I get the international rate. I think it basically works out the same with the fees but I earn miles at the same time. Paying all my bills earns me a free roundtrip ticket to mainland every year.