Agreed GN.

And while there are exceptions to every rule, it does seem that the majority of foreign owned business are aware of their role in communities and make particular efforts to be a part of the community and give back where they can.

I have not used a travel agent for my Japan travels, with the exception of booking the JAL flights as I have been unsuccessful at doing that myself every time, but I would think that even if one did book a 'package deal' and only a small percentage of the air/ground transfers and accommodation went back into Japan - there will be the dinners out, purchases of new kit, of souvenirs, Lift tix, lessons, drinks...

Get them there, and they will spend biggrin

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your money goes further in the UK though as things are a bit cheaper....for example a can of coke is around 60p which is around 90 cents, but AFAICR a can of coke was about $1.20....a pint of

I'd be interested too. Though wonder if I can living here, do I need a closeby branch.

I wasn't in doubt that investment brings jobs and snow tourists help the local economy, I was wondering of the foreign tourist dollar what % of that money disappears back out of Japan?

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Absolute bargains on amazon now.... cheap prices, exchange rate, VAT taken off to ship out of UK. Giveaways-like!

Shame postage is so high though.

Actually I find it isn't that high if you buy a few things together at once.

I can't quite remember the details but I spent about 200 quid with one package not so long ago and the postage came to considerably less than the amount of VAT that had been deducted. Seemed a real bargain.

Ah yes games are a no go.

But for DVDs it's great, esp. now with the rates as well.

And it has to be direct from amazon and not a marketplace to get the VAT thing going it seems.

I ordered some leather boots from the UK on Friday evening (Perth time), and they got here at 2.30 Monday afternoon. Price of the boots only - the postage was free. I couldn't get stuff from the within my own metro area delivered that freaking quickly!

LOVING online shopping right now!

(although I am still waiting on a pair of shin skins - for running with shin splints - from the US, that I ordered 2 weeks ago...)

Originally Posted By: ILoveZao
I am also enjoying buying some things. But I worry about the snow season and exchange rate for foreign guests.

Don't worry ILoveZao. The AUD/JPY has picked up a little since and it at about the same as last year. So not so bad. Although not such good news for the Brits and USA.

In the case of Zao, Australia is not as big a market as other countries.

Not that I am directly affected as such, but of course I want to see Zao have a good season.

Originally Posted By: SKI
Under 77 against the $ now.

Time for some shopping I think!

Indeed, didn't it reach about 76.5 at one brief point? Think that's what the NHK newsman said.