The first Japanese ski resort to open with real snow?

In these parts (Niigata), Kagura is usually first. Last season it was 25th November with one run. I'm pretty certain they used to open a fair bit earlier than that.

A little further afield, I think Okutadami Maruyama in central Niigata near Koide town opens perhaps around the same time as Kagura.

There used to be a race for it but I feel recently with cuts and stuff it's just not quite as important!

Does that place down in Shizuoka/Yamanashi (?) that opens early do so with artificial snow?

A couple of years ago I went to Fujiten, and I think it was Nov when I went? Or was early decmeber?

Marunuma Kogen in Gunma opens in Nov with real snow, not sure which day, but usually early.

Its a cocktail thats served using slush or crushed ice....heres one for a strawberry flavoured refreshment! biggrin

Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri recipe

1 1/2 oz rum

1 1/2 oz lemon juice

4 strawberries

1 tsp sugar

Pour the rum and lemon juice and sugar into a champagne saucer with some shaved ice. Stir well. Garnish with 4 strawberries, sliced or otherwise, and serve.

Definitely, they seem to have been getting later every season.

Would love to know how much it costs compared to the benefits of doing it.

Originally Posted By: pickled mushhead
Doesn't Kagura and Naeba usually get started with artificial snow?

Naeba does. Check out the Naeba Now reports to see that.

Kagura I think has help from snow blowers but doesn't open solely with artificial. I think.