I am a winner. Im going back country in Hokkaido. weeeheeeey!

So Im looking for advice from you knowlegeable people that have been to Hokkaido....

1. Whats the best way to get to Niseko from Nagano? What kind of package deals can you get from Tokyo?

2. Good places to stay?

3.Any advice

4. Who wants to come?!

If 4. is an invite on your account I am there!!!! \:D

You can get some cheap flights with JAL an others on their sites if you book well in advance and won't be changing the tix. Otherwise you can take the all night train up for about the same as the plane or you could take a ferry. Don't know much about this, but it is always an option.

Perhaps you could hitch hike on a truck travelling to Hokkaido?

Congratulations, Zwellie! I wanted so much to do a tour with those guys - I wanted to stay a few extra days up there after my gig finished, but it turned out to be impossible. I entered the competition but I never seem to win anything.... who else has won something?

Let us all know what it's like! When are you going?

hey zwelgen...

I also won a 1-day lift ticket for niseko hirafu, and might make another short trip up in march...

I highly recomend the hirafu chalet for a cheap laid back cool place to stay...

danz

ps...how was the mogul comp??

Cheers guys. It was all the incentive I needed to book a trip to Hokkaido. It needs to be done. Im thinking about going the long weekend end of March Maybe 19th or 20th to 23rd or 24th. Not sure yet.

Yo Ripper you serious? It would be cool to hit the powder with ya

And the mogul comp rocked. Ive got a sweet pic with Miss Uemura and watched the whole comp from the judges box nonetheless! Yup I am a lucky girl \:D

i'm'a be there from march 16->20.. lemme know when you decide what days yer comin' if you wanna hook up.

my parents are coming to japan to escape the shoddy season back home and we're gonna go to niseko hirafu. ("awwww" the say :p -- naw, my parents are good skiiers)

Zwelly,

I am going up to Niseko this weekend (Fri-Sun) with a few aussies and japanese friends (12 in all). We got a great deal with flights, accom, and lift tix for 35,000 for the three days. I'll ask Kayo-san where she got the good deals from. As mentioned before, I think the earlier you book, the cheaper its gets.

I'll have to start a journal now!

Can't wait to go.........

Hope you will get some fresh snow, but powder in mid March is a bit of a push, thou. I am going this weekend, but not really expecting a powder looking at the weather forcast.

Ok the tix are booked so am heading up Friday morning to Monday with Enderzero, MistaSparkle, db, Danz and their ladies. So if youre around drop us a line and lets carve it up. How are you for this weekend Ripper?

Cant wait, its like a road trip but not \:\)

Niseko Shmiseko . . .

Dynaland and Takasu are where it's at next weekend - freestylin' with the big boys - you kids can run along to Hokkaido now . . .

run along. . . run along :p

My wife's going to Niseko over the same period for a girls' snowboarding camp. She'll be the cute one with the wedding ring superglued to her finger....

Yo barok

When are you heading to Gifu? I quite busy at the mo, but it sounds like a laugh.

aaaah come on NoFakie - you gotta come to Gifu - it's gonna be great - Fattwins, OUFreeski2, Dane, Mikazooki, and Myself. You would complete the picture.

You really have no choice in the matter, you'll be messin' up the wa, otherwise :p \:D ;\)

SnoboYaro, if you can make it to Takasu on Sunday and Monday, you can hang with kool and the gang ;\)

Probably a little pricey from Tokyo ? ?

If you are serious, private message or whatever. If you are joking, good on yah, this board has been lackin' it lately it seems.

I also won a day ticket for Niseko but doubt if I make it up there to use it. The four day thing would be worth the extra time, effort and money, though. Too bad some airlines or JR don't donate some half-price trips for winners to use.