1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I thought I'd make this a thread rather than in the reading thread as it would get lost there.

Are you still reading paper books or e-books on a kindle/ipad/whatever.

Let's polling.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LCD screen doesn't really work for prolonged reading though does it, strains the eyes and kills battery. You need real ink or the electronic ink.

Works fine for me.

I don't read for hours on end anyway.

Battery in ipad lasts 10 hours. I really can't see there being many in life when I'm far away from a power source.

Borrow paper books from the local library, but also buy e-books. The paper ones are read in bed before rolling over to sleep, the e-books are for when I run out of paper OR when I am on a flight or traveling. Easier to carry e than trees!

actually I should have a wander down the local library....I used to use it a lot but I read my way through all the interesting english books....that was a couple of years ago though so hopefully they'll have new ones in

I love real books, but am also happy reading on my Nook Color, which is going to save me a lot of storage space, be handy for reference books, and cut expenses because I won't be constantly going back to the used book shop when I want to reread something!

Originally Posted By: loaf of bread

The thought of reading a book on an electronic device appauls her!

Me too! Ok it's fine to read a few posts on a forum like this and I read scientific papers now and again as well on my laptop but to read a novel and to truly relax whilst doing it and find it pleasurable? No way in the world I could do that on any electronic device. Never read a e-book and doubt I ever will.

You'll all be proud of me though as I finally got a smartphone! As a phone I hate it. Nowhere near as easy to use as my old phone. Can't really see myself using many of the apps either. Currently really only use the weather app and maps. Nothing else I've found useful yet. No interest in using it to access the net or emails or anything like that.
Originally Posted By: Go Native
Originally Posted By: loaf of bread

The thought of reading a book on an electronic device appauls her!

Can't really see myself using many of the apps either. Currently really only use the weather app and maps. Nothing else I've found useful yet.

How about the SnowJapan app? wink

I much prefer to read books as apposed to looking at a screen. A book just isn't the same in electronic form.

Nothing against the e-books, just not for me, even though I am a bit of a tech junky, e-books just aint my thing!

I too looked at the latest smart phone, was going to change my old one today for one, but not decided whether to go for the 3D one with no GSM or go for the non 3D version which does have GSM!

Originally Posted By: masher of moguls
I wonder if people mourned the end of scrolls? Or perhaps even slates before then. All these new-fangled things! grandpa

What's to mourn? Books on paper are still far more popular than e-books and still readily available. Nothing to mourn yet. I just don't find it as relaxing to look at a screen to read. My eyes get sore looking at screens a lot quicker than reading a paper book. It's that simple.