The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

As much as Arse do not want to sell Nasri, getting 25 mill for him would be pretty staggering given he only has one year left.

One way of looking at the "not selling to competition" issue is that City are more direct rivals to Arse than United at the moment.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

25 mill would be a fine price but as shown above something of a bitter pill if he goes up to Manchester and is a success.

Oh well la de da, nowt we can do about it all. I'm sure* Wenger has some clever plan up his sleeve. (* actually, not).

Wes Brown and O'Shea moving to Sunderland by the looks.

Oh well.

Actually, they were loyal squad players and did their bits.

Quote:
The protracted saga of Charlie Adam's signing from Blackpool was eventually concluded late on Thursday when the Scotland international signed a long-term contract just over 24 hours after completing his medical.

Adam becomes the Reds' second signing of the summer after Sunderland's England Under-21 Jordan Henderson was brought in last month for £16million.

Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing appears to be the next target on the list but Comolli also has to work out how to move on some unwanted players - such as the likes of Milan Jovanovic, Paul Konchesky and Joe Cole.

What do we's think, scouse-peeps (like)?

Really happy to see another central midfielder on Liverpool's books. I can only assume that we're trying to corner the market. Hope we don't run afoul of the Monopolies Commission.

Originally Posted By: arcadia
Really happy to see another central midfielder on Liverpool's books. I can only assume that we're trying to corner the market. Hope we don't run afoul of the Monopolies Commission.

lol

Who do you want signed up at the Pool, arcadia?

Bu, who really cares in any way about the Womens World Cup?

Apart from the players and their families.

I didn't even know there was one until Japan got all excited about beating Germany.

Originally Posted By: soubriquet
Who gives a rats arse about England's tattooed arseholes failing to perform for the 45th year running?

You mean the national team?

Not me, couldn't give a monkeys.
But, a wild guess as an answer would be - more by a factor of millions.

I managed to get well offside with Pearl in about 2000 (AD) pointing out that Italy seemed more interested in haircuts than playing football. Being right didn't help my case.

I'm still on the loosing side, but England's tattoos don't seem to help much. Maybe more bigger tats will produce results.

In the meantime I'm enjoying watching sports women playing for love of the game.

The papers re: transfers really are a complete joke aren't they. Do they simply make things up? It sure seems that way, especially when they come out with these bold statements that are the opposite of the bold statement that another paper is coming up with.

They all talk bollocks even the so called serious ones.

I can see Sneijder going to United more than Nasri. He's the better of the two anyway I'd say.