The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

1-0 the Toon.......Leon Best just before half time

A dire game to be honest, but a good result for the Toon! The biggest talking point was Ray Wilkins in commentary telling Yohan Cabaye to get up and get on with the game for five minutes before he was stretchered off. All this indignation about tackles that could break imaginary legs and then when a tasty challenge, albeit not two-footed, does cause an injury, its the player who has been fouled and had to go off that gets slagged.

Above Liverpool and level with Arsenal, only four points off Champions League. Its all a bit meh below Tottingham.

1-0 the Toon.......Leon Best just before half time

A dire game to be honest, but a good result for the Toon! The biggest talking point was Ray Wilkins in commentary telling Yohan Cabaye to get up and get on with the game for five minutes before he was stretchered off. All this indignation about tackles that could break imaginary legs and then when a tasty challenge, albeit not two-footed, does cause an injury, its the player who has been fouled and had to go off that gets slagged.

Above Liverpool and level with Arsenal, only four points off Champions League. Its all a bit meh below Tottingham.

what was weird about the tackle, and what Wilkins was saying, was that right after the challenge, Cabaye jumped up and ran over to argue with the player that did him......then sat down and started rolling about. In the replay you can clearly see he took a sore one on his ankle but it was a bit bizarre to see him get stretchered off after springing to his feet and running over to have it out with derry.....agreed about the game. I only watched the first half and that was enough

Chelsea striker Fernando Torres 'offered' to PSG for fifty quid, says coach Carlo Ancelotti

Carlo Ancelotti, Paris St Germain's newly-appointed coach, has revealed that the French club have been offered Chelsea striker Fernando Torres and a string of other top names.

"I'm going to haggle though, coz he's a worthless piece of shit. And looks like a gay hairdresser", he added.

David de Gea's erratic first season at Manchester United has taken place with the talented but error-prone goalkeeper suffering from an eyesight problem that may necessitate laser surgery at the end of the season.

I suggest wearing some glasses

47_0010.jpg

This weekend on J-telly, as Wigan continue their stampe to the coveted CL spots near the top.

Saturday

9:45 Norwich mustard vs Cheslea buns

12:00 Wolves vs Aston Villa

2:30am Bolton vs Liverpool

Sunday

10:30 City vs Spurs

1am Arse vs Utd

Yes great to get those 3 points.

What was with the Arse fans booing? Have they jusr reaslied their team are crap and have the word bottom in their name? ;)

United have a big month but with 95% of our team officially crocks, I can't see us scoring full points in the next month. City are going to have to trip up as well.