The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

Originally Posted By: arcadia
For Liverpool a quickish, but not too quick as Carroll will be left floundering, wide player would be nice : Mata, Nasri, Nzogbia perhaps.

Carroll was injured when he joined, but he's not slow. He should also score a few from corners now you have Charlie Adam. For width, I can see Liverpool buying an attacking LB and playing 4-3-3 or a fancy version of it. Maybe Jose Enrique near deadline day. I dunno how you rig the midfield, but Lucas seems the only good defensive one.

Arsenal have to qualify for the CL so the Nasri and Fabregas ones should be settled by mid August. The press will just have to write about someone else instead! Maybe Chelsea's Essien replacement.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

Wenger is Mr Stubborn so would not put it past him keeping an unsigned Nasri.

Fergie has said that he things Nasri has already agreed to leave Arsenal - for somewhere other than United. So, United then perhaps. wink

Actually, on a closer look, there's some not particularly funny bits in there.

But there are some funny bits, so I'll leave it. Check out the "Sports Headlines" bottom right.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Quote:
Manchester City block Tevez's 'dream' move back to Corinthians after rejecting £37m bid

If this is true

a) how did they get that much cash
B) they rejected it?
c) WHY!?! (re: everything)

a)apparently its cobbled together from private investors and TV money.
b)cos they want 40m
c)cos they are uber mongs
Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads

Where's Schenijjder, then?

Well, the United business guy Gill is apparently in Manchester. Or Milan. Or Zurich. Or somewhere else. Doing something.

Silly season gets sillier by the year with Twatter and stuff not really helping.

Downing to Liverpool

Quote:
Aston Villa have accepted a £20m bid from Liverpool for Stewart Downing after the England international submitted a written transfer request, effectively forcing through a move to Anfield. Villa had previously insisted that Downing was not for sale but felt that they had little option but to sanction his departure when the 26-year-old made it clear that he was desperate to join Liverpool.

Downing becomes Liverpool's third major recruit this summer, following Jordan Henderson and Charlie Adam, and takes Kenny Dalglish's spending during that period to close to £50m. Villa, in contrast, have lost their two most creative players, Downing and Ashley Young, in the space of a month. The £36m that has been raised in the process will be small consolation for their supporters.

50 mill for Downing, Henderson and Adam?

I'm not convinced.

Might end up being great though.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Villa seem like they are in a pickle.

City have rejected Corinthians' initial bid of £35million for the Argentina international, with the Premier League outfit thought to be holding out for a £50million transfer fee.

nuts.jpg

watching the Copa America, Argentina vs Uruguay, what a game. 1-1 just now, both teams have had 1 goal chopped off and Perez has just been sent off for Uruguay. I should wake up early more often! biggrin

anybody else watching this? The game has actually been pretty crap in the 2nd half but the ref is armed with what looks like a can of shaving foam!! Every time there is a free kick, he sprays a white line on the pitch to mark the ball's position then does the same with the wall to make sure there is no cheating going on. I wonder if Euro refs will adopt this practice?

Yes not a bad game Tubby

I don't know if the result was to the better team but that's penalties.

I was wondering what that mspray was as it disappeared after awhile good idea though.

Seemore

Japan vs USA was a cracker of a game.

A goal from Japan almost at the death of second half and second half of extra time.

Then USA choke on penalties - hahahahahhaha - pretty much from the England School of Penalty Taking, for Japan to win.