Solar flare. End of the world.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya...but you're pretty used to that smell..

Can I get that in writing, please M_I_J?? Only I need some evidence to show that I'm not the village idiot! :D

Admittedly, I wrote that before I saw that New Zealand was trying to train dogs to drive cars

Come now - I've watched 'Motorway Cops' - the New Zealand road traffic equivalent of 'Airport', those guys are pretty dumb! :lol:

Let's not be comparing the quality Aussie dumb dumb with the raw earthy New Zealand thicko ;)

And?
LOL

Give me a chance! :lol:

QUICK explanation...I have developed an autoimmune condition, my own immune system is attacking my joints, my lungs and tomorrow I get the ticker checked out. So far I am on a few inhalers for the breathing, just got some meds for the autoimmune thingo (fingers crossed) and I am trying to drop a few things that might be aggravating the condition coz I'd really like to get back to ripping it up on the slopes without getting light headed and tripping over my own feet at altitude (we will see how that goes in Chamonix on the 28th of this month! ;) ). I've got some good doctors and now that we are identifying reasons other than 'you are getting old' I am feeling quite positive. Strangely enough it was due to a bacterial infection that put me in hospital a few weeks ago that medico peeps started to take me seriously - simple bacteria, but immune system was so busy doing the wrong thing it forgot to do the right thing and all the alarm bells went off. Likely had this going on for a while, and explains a few things.

Dairy is a common trigger.

As are artificial sweeteners and sugar.

As are refined carbs and nightshade veggies.

All being given the flick for the time being.

;)

That's Rheumatoid Arthritis Thursday - it is initially what I thought we were dealing with here, but it is more likely it is SLE (Lupus) - hard stuff to diagnose, long term following, lots of tests over that time to get a good picture. But first line treatment for those two and a handful of similar disorders is the same, so it's all good. Not really fussed to get a name, as long as I am getting better.

Don't worry JA.

I'm eating. Would be awesome if the new routines will reset my metabolism - coz I could stand to lose a kg or lots.. ;)

Pie sounds awesome.

Maybe just some homemade pie filling with some fresh green veggies though ;)

don't sulk Mama, was just having a laff lassie. Sorry.

Not sulking! :lol:

Had a busy afternoon/evening.

Doppler ECG at the hospital (fark...parking is a nightmare!!!) then penance with personal trainer.

First day on DMARD medication - had a headache all day, might be placebo effect, but had more energy, less pain and could manage reps with the heavier weights for first time in a couple of months.

Jeez...I'll be shitty if I am getting all this stuff sorted and the world blows up on the 21st! :lol:

Ohhh.... And tomorrow is 12/12/12

Last time anyone alive will see a repeating date.