So im looking at staying in Hakuba for 6 weeks, the cheaper option for me is to get a season pass. I believe they are 65,000 yen(last season according to SJ website) is it easy to set it up as soon as I get there or should i pre-purchase it and send a photo and pay upfront ?

I'm unsure because the Hakuba Goryu website is in Japanese, If I purchase a Happo-one season pass does that give me access to all the mountains ? or is there a special pass for that one ?

Also is there any type of early bird offers or is it just the one price ?

Cheers!

Goryu seems to like taking down lots of winter info during the spring. Of course, people don't think about skiing then. wink Taken down all their season ticket info. The weekday 5day ticket at 16,500 is given a mention though.

Happos winter weekday was 48,000 yen and a full season one 65,000 yen.

If you buy Happo-pass, it's good for Happo. That's all I'm afraid.

Hakuba Alpen Resort do a ticket that you can use at Happo / Iwatake / Tsugaike and last season that went for 23,400 yen for 6 days (down to 8,600 yen for 2 days).

Perhaps they will all surprise us with a "Hakuba Ticket" for 40,000 yen this season. wink

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: rider69
You can get a happo early seasons pass for 55000 yen. You might have to ask the lodge you are staying at to pre-buy it for you though.

The lodge has given me that option, I think I would just do that and just buy a mid week if i choose to go to another mountain.

Cheers for your help mate
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Originally Posted By: panhead_pete
Do you ski or board?

sorry about the late reply!! pc died and i completley forgot about this post razz I actually ski but am thinking of giving boarding ago for a few days since ill be on the snow so much smile
  • 4 months later...

If you plan on staying there for six weeks, I advise NOT to limit yourself to one (or two) mountains. Happone is big, but you might get bored on it after awhile (especialy if it is crowded). Plus, Hakuba has so many resorts packed into one area (Tsugaike and Cortina just north of the village borders, some smaller resorts in Omachi just south).

If you're okay with just going with the flow and seeing what happens, you can score daily deals by checking nearby sports equipment stores and convience stores for coupons. Often these coupons include discounts on rentals, too if you are looking to switch up the ski/board thing. And as other posters said, there are often 3-day and 5-day deals at some resorts.

I guess it just depends on how often you actually see yourself spending full days on the mountain. With coupons, etc. you can estimate to spend between 3000-5000yen per full day of lift service (with deals often giving you a 1000yen lunch, onsen, or else rental discounts).