• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Chriselle
As of today, I am in full on grumpy like Archie Bunker mode. Air conditioner is on....screw all this pseudo eco shit.

thats the spirit Chris!! thumbsup I've been doing the same, the past 2 days have been uber humid and i was one sweaty beaver!!
Originally Posted By: brit-gob
Our office have told us that the aircon woll be set to 29 degrees.
My first response was you have got to be **** kidding.
Thats my most recent one too.
29 degrees!!!!!

TWENTY NINE!!! Bloody hell, I'd be all a sweat. The air con should be set around TWENTY all year round! then there is no problem. If you are cold, put on another layer of clothing!

I see there is going to be a daily "electricity forecast" issued from tomorrow.

Guessing what % of power we are using etc.

Anyone had their working days changed etc because of all this?

We have our household aircon set to 27 degrees, and as long as you don't run about and jump up and down, it's a comfortable temperature. However, that's comfortable when you have on just two items of clothing, a Uniqlo dry shirt, and dry shorts. If you were to mess about with long trousers, socks and folly like that, it would be intolerable.

We'll know when pols are being serious when we see them on TV in shorts. The only thing that I liked about PM Koizumi is that when it came time for cool biz, he actually showed a modicum of leadership. These fools with no ties but still wearing their jackets should be put in greenhouses to think about hansei and things.

if everyone just put their air-con up even 1 degree, that means that with all the savings, I'd be able to use your degrees and keep my air-con at a chilly level!! C'mon people, stop being so selfish!

I think in the interests of saving electricity, people should stick their aircon up to 32 degrees. It would save more. And they should take some blades out of their fans or slow it down somehow. That would also save more money.

It all seems to be getting a bit ridiculous some of this. One office in our building are now refusing to put on the aircon at all. Poor people in there sweating like pigs the moment they enter the office.

what bugs me more are the people who are complaining that the air-con is on but the first thing they do is switch on the lights when coming into the room.........my teachers room has a huge window that gets sun on it all day, its light enough.....save the electricity from the unneeded lights and use it for the needed air-con

How does this fine of 1 million yen for companies who don't do the 15% cut work? They need to keep on checking or something? And who does that apply to?