A few people I know, vaguely, keep on sending me some invitations to join LinkedIn. Problem is, apart from it being annoying junk, is that I simply can't see why I would want to. Is there a point, other than annoying me with these invitations? I might add I'm not looking for a job and doubt I will be anytime soon. And I'm not interested in some distant ex-colleague's favorite color either.

I didn't say it did, Pie said he was happy not to be a member of "none of these things" and I assumed he meant stuff like Facebook, of which I said that I liked it. I have no idea what Linkedin is

It's a crappy business version, some people claim to find jobs through the network. In reality you just get tons of "invites" from people that annoy. I was a member once. Well, I still am, but I mean of LinkedIn.

I too am not joined to any of these social networks.

Can't see the point in sharing with people what I ate today or whay my favourite colour is, etc, total waste of time!

I joined Facebook as way to keep in touch with friends and family back in Aus when I was in Japan. I don't overly like or dislike it. It was useful to keep in touch and remains useful for me to keep in touch with friends in Japan now I'm in Aus. It certainly was an easy way to post photos of our daughter so our family could see what she was up to. Social networks on the internet are just tools for communicating. And you can use them for quite a bit more than just seeing what someones' favourite colour is! All my friends on FB are only good friends and they're all somewhat mature adults so inane status updates are kept to a minimum! wink